Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Iron Lady dead

Discussion in In The News started by Benvolio, Apr 8, 2013

1. Mar 4, 2012
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    There is so much hate towards the Iron Lady :frown:. She was a good person took Great Britain's failing economy and turned it around helped end the Cold War. Need more leaders like her imo.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        That were crippling their economy, kinda of like the issue we have here in California with Unions crippling our state with huge contracts and crazy pay outs. She went from having double digit unemployment to somewhere around 5% when she left office. They still have unions she just lessened the control they had over the government and the economy with constantly going on strikes and slowing down the economy.
      • May 14, 2011
        via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

This is how I feel as a brit. She is the ***** that made the rich richer and the poor poorer.

A "today" example being putting up university fees. For rich people £9k + accommodation is nothing so why should anyone get this for free. For people in the poorer section of society (I'm not poor but my family is JUST middle class) this is a massive chunk of money and when I go to uni by the time I pay everything back I will have paid around £110k to the bank (over 30 years).
        Ghost, Apr 10, 2013 Last edited by Ghost, Apr 10, 2013
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Yes by making the country go from double digit unemployment to 5% unemployment that really made the poor poorer *rolls eyes* I have to pay a lot for my education as well and I'm paying for it out of pocket because I want to better myself. Cost's here are high as well not just in the UK but you only see the people that have a sense of entitlement bitching about paying for schooling. Shit ain't free and you have to work for stuff in life, it's the same issue here in California where entire cities are going bankrupt thanks to bloated Union salaries that the lawmakers made with the Unions since their in bed with each other. Like the Labor party in the UK, again she took the failing UK economy and turned it around. Most people tend to hate her because she forced people get off their lazy asses and work for a living not live off the dime of the government. The poor only get poorer because a certain party(Democrats and the Labor party) make it so you grow dependent on them. "Vote for us and you'll get more food stamps, more unemployment and more welfare." That's what's making people poorer not the other side that actually wants you to work and make a living. It's actually encouraged to not put as much effort because you get less for it in the end, there are all these incentives to stay poor and not try to get a better job or education. A big reason why the whole of Europe is about to collapse from the shitty economies they have and the polices that they have about giving people everything they want.

The EU is only afloat because the US gives billions of dollars to the IMF and the EU every year to keep the EU running and the Euro from collapsing. When people realize that you can't just spend other peoples money to give it to the "poor" then you will stay in this mess and it will only get worse. What are you going to do when you run out of other people's money?

You can't fight that or argue against it because these are truths and facts about how the world works and how countries go bankrupt or have a bad economy , they blame the banks here in the US for the recession that we got when it wasn't the banks but Politicians that wanted to buy votes by forcing banks to give out loans to people that couldn't afford them under the guise of the Fair Housing act since they thought everyone has a right to a house. Having a house isn't a right it's something you earn and work your ass for. I've worked for everything I have and so has my Dad he worked for years as a construction worker to buy his house, cars and is now saving for a nice retirement. Why? Because he believes in working hard and earning what you want that's why, when people stop living in a fantasy world this will never change and it will only get worse and worse.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 14, 2011
        • Jul 20, 2010
          by functional classification% change in real terms
          1979/80 to 1989/90[83]
          GDP
          +23.3
          Total government spending
          +12.9
          Law and order
          +53.3
          Employment and training
          +33.3
          Health
          +31.8
          Social security
          +31.8
          Transport
          −5.8
          Trade and industry
          −38.2
          Housing
          −67.0
          Defence
          −3.3[84]

Not to mention that the unemployment was increasing already the jump that happened was the Union workers going on strike because they didn't agree with her policy of closing down Mines or factories that were in the red and not making any profit as the mines were government owned and ran. The Union killed themselves by thinking they could just strike when they want to get their wants regardless of the rest of the country. Kinda of like when the Air Traffic Controllers went on strike here in the states that was cut short by presidential order by Ronald Reagan.
        • Mar 4, 2012
          That's nothing. My school costs 40k USD a year. My family certainly is not wealthy enough to pay for that but I earned a full ride to the school. Before I figured out how I would pay for that not once did I think that I was entitled to go there or that the government should pay for it (although that's exactly who is paying for it -- although it is through the army).

Complaining that you can't afford to go to college is like complaining that you're not good enough to play pro sports. Universities and sports teams are businesses first. They need to make money to keep operating.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I looked at the cheapest engineering college I could afford and I'm still $20,000+ in student loans and shit. Education needs to be free, and if that's not the case, financial aid is not the proper fucking term for a student loan. It's a loan, you're going to have to pay it back with interest. So no, I don't have any sense of entitlement. But I feel there are so many potential smart people out there that just can't afford it. Of course, no one wants the underdog to succeed without paying up an arm and a leg.

As far as QUALITY of education, it's been pretty bad across the board, but that's another story. Colleges love hiring big name doctors so they can boast about it, even if they can't teach for shit. Whatever.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          There is financial aid that isn't loans like the Pell Grant and other grant's out there along with scholarships. The only way for free education at the college and university level is for a increase in taxes across the board for everyone. Which would hit the middle and lower class families harder than the upper class families which will then lead to even more hatred of people that put in the hard work and effort to make lots of money. No one will ever be happy just how the world is.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Pell Grants and TAG Grants are limited and based upon priority and depends upon which majors you are taking. I just feel it can be better. But why not hit the wealthiest 1% and have them pay for it? Because everyone is in bed with everyone else. I can think of so many programs that can be cut to increase funding for all schools... but it's times like these I think that the people in power don't want you to succeed. Conspiracy theories.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Yes because they should pay for your education because woe is you? I'm working for my education and paying for it many other people are as well, I get a Pell Grant every year which helps so I have to pay but I take advantage of the grants and scholarships as well. I have a scholarship that pays for 10k a year of my education so long as I keep my grades up. What are you going to do when you run out of other people's money hmmm?
        • Nov 11, 2011
          No sarcasm detected. :sarcastic: What are the people like me and hundreds of thousands of other people who can't get a scholarship because we're not as intellectually sound or creative as you? And I assure you, the 1% won't be running out of money for the next several decades.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Simple do more work and expand your horizons, you have to put in work to get something nothing comes easy or free. I've learned that the hard way in my young life. If I had money to be well off because of a business I started or made investments you'll be damn sure I wouldn't want to pay more of my hard earned money and risked money because its the "politically correct" thing to do fuck that work for your shit and earn it like I'm currently am :smile:.