Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Is CSS becoming boring?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Super Mario, May 15, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Are you getting bored of CSS? Post why yes or why not. Well, it has been 2 years and half for me playing CSS zombiemod and I get bored of it meanwhile then peace out for a while and come back ready to play a little, so I am still cool with it :razz:
  2. Feb 9, 2012
    nopes not really boring. to be honest cs:s, the game itself, isnt too wonderful. All the games i've played that kept me playing were usually games that had a nice community or made lots of friends with on. If i literally had nobody to talk to in this game, this game would be horrible for me.

But yeh like you i eventually tire of it and maybe a few years later ill come back to it again.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Nobody even likes me 911trigger. I was really nice in the past but not I am a completely douchebag on zm that had changed a lot and take mercy from no one(by that I don't mean by breaking the rules but the gameplay). I still have honest and true friends tho and I tried to add some people from this community that were really nice and it worked out well but some pissed me off and ignored me. I completely agree with you here.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Mar 20, 2011
        Well to be honest sometimes I do get bored but I am hell of busy at work and other shit in my life right now too. What I do miss about CSS is the old school players coming on and having a good time. Recently there has been a rash of racist mic spamming kids like no tomorrow and it is quite annoying.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Feb 12, 2012
          I agree, CSS can be boring at times, ive been playing since 1.6. I used to play ZombieMod way back in 2010 but I just got bored of it and quit steam entirely until i came back this year. Basically it is boring but I take long breaks between so thats why i always end up coming back :razz:
        • Jan 2, 2012
          Not really, one of few games that doesn't seem to get/become boring to me after a while.
        • Apr 12, 2012
          LOL I started playing half life 1 in 2000 or 2001. Have played cs 1.5 - 1.6, DoD 1.3 - 3.1, cs:s since it came out. In the last 10 years I've probably taken 3-5 years off total, but I'm still using the same account from 2001 << 4 digit steamID brag :grin: >>

edit - i can even remember my Half Life 1 player ID: 49111 lol
        • May 5, 2011
          When I'm bored I get on css :smile: so its like the boring of my boring but it keeps my boring busy :smile:
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Oct 27, 2010
            I've been playing counter strike for about 8 years and I'm not bored of it yet... NES Ice Hockey might be the only thing that might beat it.
          • Feb 12, 2012
            This is probably a stupid question but why is having 4 or 5 digits in your steamID so good? :razz:
          • Jul 14, 2008
            I've been playing it for 4 years and not bored yet. You have to try different game types, for example right now I mostly play MG since ZM is somehow repetitive atm. I might give ZE a serious chance later.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 16, 2011
              With ya on that one buddy. The only reason I go on ZM now is to monitor the maps, and that is rarely
            • May 15, 2011
              I've played it for 8 years or so and ya, I got bored of it. I took a year break somewhere in their but came back. Although honestly I was getting quite bored of it until I stumbled upon PF. That is really the only reason I still play this game. For the people and the community.
            • Feb 14, 2012
              I just take a break from it every so often or change a weapon skin to liven things up.
            • Apr 2, 2011
              Played ZM like mad in the beginning... got bored... went to MG... now kinda bored of the non shooting maps on MG.... so I play the shooter maps (Like Smee, and Ski Mountain) and ZMP...
              On top of that... I play APB: Reloaded with other friends... so between all the options I have... I am rarely bored... (Not to even mention my daily life that involves work and stuffs)
            • Oct 20, 2011
              the less digits you have, the older your steam account is. mine is 6 digits.
            • Feb 12, 2012
              Ik that but that's why people Like it/want it? Cause it says ur accounts old?
            • Oct 20, 2011
              i dunno seeing when everyone got their steam account is just a fun little thing to do.
            • Apr 12, 2012
              Oh, back in 2003 or whenever steam came out, the earlier you downloaded and installed steam, the lower your steamID was (it started with 0:0:0001 for retail purchases and 0:1:0001 for online purchases, and incremented with every person that registered). These days if you buy steam you get an 8 digit, I believe. Anyway it was nothing more than 'bragging rights' and an excuse to call yourself old school and put down the noobs lol. However, if I remember correctly bidding on ebay got into the $500-800 range for 4 digit accounts around 2005 or 2006. Should have sold mine for a profit haha, its completely worthless to have a low steamID.

edit - Steve, even a 6 is rare these days!

edit2 - i also just remembered another huge reason people liked low IDs - it showed you hadn't been VAC banned! Seriously though, I played competitively back then and it helped somewhat with how people perceived you (whether or not they thought you hacked).
            • Nov 29, 2010
              When you get bored, go play other games, simple as that. You're not obligated to stay on the servers.
              • Winner Winner x 1