Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

is ghosting allow?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by lucid, May 25, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 25, 2012
    this is specific to the ZM server one. lets say you are a zombie, can other people (meaning zombies or people in spectate) reveal your location or inform humans that you are coming to them? im not asking if other humans can, because that would make sense if they are still alive (because they use mic for teamwork to stay alive), im asking specifically to other zombies or spectators revealing your location.

like informing humans that you are coming sneakily from some window or spot that they weren't paying attention to. I didn't see it anywhere in the rules, but i did see a thread some dude make about the same topic after a google search. the admin told him to report a ban on it, so i guess it's not allowed, but im still not sure.

here is the thread
    http://plaguefest.com/threads/bobo12149-ghosting-trolling-douchebag.5825/
  2. May 14, 2011
    This is trolling and is therefore not allowed.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    i dont see how a zombie telling a location of a human is against the rules, but if they are in spectate, and they're only there to give away locations of humans...then i believe that it should be against the rules.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    If a person is in spectate and he reveals the position of a human, that is ghosting. Ghosting strictly implies that someone in spectator mode is revealing the positions of humans. If there are two zombies and they are looking for humans, and the other says on the mic, "Dude, turn around, zombie!," I do not see that as a form of ghosting. Anyone want to chime in?
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    ... moved to Zombie Mod then. :sarcastic:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 25, 2012
      hmmmm, the question is do zombies count as dead? if a human dies in minigames they are dead, but in zombiemod if they die they turn into a zombie. i never heard of dead humans telling alive humans secrets and useful tips, and nor have i heard of zombies telling humans useful tips. both are DEAD, and shouldn't help humans.

another point i want to address is if it's not illegal, can someone follow you around for the whole game and reveal your attacks when you are both zombies. this is what i mean. In the rules for zombiemod, it says nothing about ghosting AT ALL. there is 0 mention of it even, and currently i dont think admins can even tell you not to ghost if you decide to.

also i think a top server admin needs to chine in on this and give the final word, not some level 1 or 2 admin. thank you.
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Not what he was asking. He's wondering if someone in spectate informs people of a zombie's whereabouts.
    • Feb 9, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2007
      No ghosting. Its a rule, or and is/was listed.
    • Mar 25, 2012
      not just in spectate, but other zombies (but spectate also applies). i had an incident where an admin zombie kept following me around and reporting my location to other humans when i was a zombie. he just blatantly followed me around and told humans that I was incoming. this was on the map failinc when i had the invisible zombie knife, so it made it significantly harder to kill humans. and i was wondering if he could do this, or if it's admin abuse.

another point i want to bring up is what the hell trolling. I keep seeing people mention "trolling" for whatever they disagree with, but I dont see it anywhere in the rules.
    • Nov 16, 2011
      Sounds like that admin was trolling you, which isnt allowed
    • Sep 7, 2010
      From all of my css experience, and my own personal beliefs; ghosting is cheating. Humans have the right to remain hidden if they so choose. Someone who sits in spectate and dictates to zombies where to go in order to locate said human is wrong. Just the same as putting a beacon on a human that does not want a beacon. Fair play is fair play.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I can sense by the tone of writing that your troll side is manifesting. First off, there is no need to disrespect a level 1 or 2's knowledge about a subject, it is what they enforce on a daily basis while you, do not. Second, humans are alive and zombies are as well. This is not MG, no need to compare apples and oranges, argumentum ad logicam. And since when is zombies following you around a form of trolling?
      • Like Like x 2
      • Mar 16, 2008
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          He is asking for the definition of ghosting.
        • Mar 26, 2011
        • May 15, 2011
          Urban Dictionary:

Ghosting

Ghosting, or "to ghost" is The act of one or more dead players spectating an alive enemy player, with the intent of revealing his or her actions or location to their alive comrades, giving them an unfair situational advantage. This is achieved usually through a voice chat program, such as Ventrillo, or an IRC client.

Ghosting may also be referred to as as "Venting" in popular games like Counter-Strike. The term derives from the most popular method of ghosting in Counter-Strike, which is to use the program Ventrillo, "venting" is short for "ventrillo-ing" meaning Using Ventrillo to ghost
          "WTF? that douche nozzle is totally ghosting with one of this friends. He was shooting at me, before he even saw me and he seems to know every location of our teammates!"
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Mar 26, 2011
          • Jul 14, 2010

Spectator telling location of human to zombies, or finding them by using spectate when they are hiding and going to kill them. MG, spectator telling people spots of players in maps.

Not pF Ghosting:

Zombie telling zombie location of human, zombie telling human zombies are coming.

This is what I believe are the current rules. Nezumi once brought up the bold situation and it was deemed fine, due to it being uncommon and not that big of a deal IIRC.

The mg rule:
            Do not ghost.
            This includes hinting or saying where alive players are while dead or in spectate.

The being dead part doesn't go towards being a zombie since this 'written rule' only applied to MG, but the ghosting rule applies to all servers.
            • Like Like x 1
              PeNguiN, May 25, 2012 Last edited by PeNguiN, May 25, 2012
            • Sep 7, 2010
              It comes down to a very simple question. Is it fair to a human for his location to be divulged while he is trying to survive? I believe it is not right.
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.