Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Is it a matter to have a similar name? Detonator[pf] admin abuse?

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Bing™, May 17, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 8, 2011
    Cheese and Cracker TM and Cheese and Cracker PM is a similar name.

should I got kick for that? Do we have this rule in this server?

Detonator[pf] warn me to change the name. Otherwise, I will be kicked?
  2. NightFury
    This message by NightFury has been removed from public view.
    May 17, 2011
  3. May 8, 2011
    Some admins disagree with him and they said both names are different. but he still warn me for two and three times. So I have to quit and change my name.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    We request people to change their names if they are similar to those of members registered in pF. Names such as from a Donator or an Admin family member, otherwise it would be impractical to enforce.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    Bing why would you take cheese's name in the first place? Your name was 1 character off, this is considered impersonation given the name restrictions in CSS and custom characters we've blocked (in other words, the closest way you can impersonate someones name is by being 1 character off).

However, our rule involves admin impersonation, not player. Cheese is not an admin. He is, however, a regular and I'm sure you know that. You seem to just be causing some pretty miniscule trouble...
  6. May 8, 2011
    I asked him that do we have this rule in this server? he said YES. it sound like he create this rule by himself and ask players to obey it.

Because it will be funny if we have this kind of rule in this server. I agree with Harvey if those names are similar to Admin or Donator. However, it is still not a matter, because Admin usually have admin infront of their name.

Another funny thing is that Cheese and Crackers keep pushing him and ask him to kick me. Is he an admin or cheese and cracker admin? why he obey Cheese's order?
  7. May 8, 2011
    Mine is Cheese and Crackers TM, another one is Cheese and Crackers something( a symbol). I put PM was just an example as I don't know how to type his name.

I don't know if we have this rule, that's why I ask the forum. I followed what he said and I changed my name. I am just wondering.
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    To ease your confusion an admin may ask you to change your name (only if your name is a few characters off and especially if the original owner of the name doesn't want you using something VERY similar) and you probably should. Depending on the situation it could be considered trolling. However, if your name isn't unique like "John Doe" and some new player comes in as "JohnDoe", an admin isn't going to think JohnDoe is purposely trolling John Doe by stealing his name, so as always it depends on the situation.
  9. May 8, 2011
    Well, the rule is not clear, it depend on the situation. That's why less people on the server now, they got mad and don't know how to post on the forum or lazy.

This topic is closed by Bing :smile:
  10. Apr 4, 2009

:locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.