Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Is the ice you put in your drink clean?

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Richard420, May 8, 2012

1. Nov 29, 2010
    Gross as this is. We do have an immune system for a reason
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 2, 2012
      Thanks for this, I think I might have actually gotten sick from ice from a few fast food places in the past.

We have an immune system, yes, but the point is the restaurants have to keep their foods/liquids clean.
    • Dec 2, 2011
      Yes but Elderly People with weak immune systems could possibly die.
    • Jan 2, 2012
      Or possibly people with AIDS, which is why the ice machine's should be nice and clean in the first place.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I know makes me wonder about my old job at sbarros
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Everybody always thinks restaurants and what not are always clean, but until they actually work at one, they don't realize how easy it is to get away with stuff. Shit, if I wanted to (which I'm not saying I will, ever...), I could easily lean over, put something nasty in your pizza, and nobody would know unless you examined every ounce of sauce on your pizza.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I never got ice in my life in any restaurant and that is a good thing. It gave me a brain freeze like a smoothy but now that I saw that, I will never see ice again.
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Oh gawd dont get me started about sbarros LoL. That was so nasty wont eat their ever.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mar 20, 2011
          I never use ICE at any restaurant because I am a cheap SOB. I drink beer and Jack straight up. As for soda, who needs ice, the co2 makes it cold. For home, I have an ICE machine with a filter FTW!
        • Dec 2, 2011
          Yeah Who ill just get my in a bottle from the back so its cold.
        • Aug 18, 2006
          NOTE: This post may be a little disturbing if you have a "weak" stomach.

If you're worried about a little bit of fungus in your ice, I'd hate to break it to you, but you're constantly eating all kinds of stuff, including insects, or at least small pieces of them, and you probably don't even know about it. Our bodies and immune systems can handle it, as humans and been adapting and evolving with these organisms for thousands of years.

“In case you’re curious: you’re probably ingesting one to two pounds of flies, maggots and mites each year without knowing it, a quantity of insects that clearly does not cut the mustard, even as insects may well be in the mustard.”

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/ca...d-rodent-hair-in-your-food.html#ixzz1uKf9ash1

More: The Food Defect Action Levels Levels of natural or unavoidable defects in foods that present no health hazards for humans

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceCom...on/GuidanceDocuments/Sanitation/ucm056174.htm
          • Informative Informative x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
            [31Bravo] Ray, May 8, 2012 Last edited by Ray, May 8, 2012
          • Jul 19, 2011
            IT said at the end of the first paragraph that IT COULD MAKE YOU SICK!
          • Aug 5, 2010
            He does have a point... and i ea ice all the time and im fine :grin:
          • Aug 1, 2011
            Ice is used to fill up your cup. More ice-less drink. Saves money. Why do you think they fill your cup up with ice? It's a big rip off to the customers, this is why I barely fill my cup up with any ice. You get more product that way. Although I have never gotten sick from ice.

@Ray MAN I never knew insects were so damn tasty. Yum yum yum :razz:
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              My aunt used to tell me there was bugs in Peanut butter all the time when i was younger, didn't believe it till around age 16 when i found out the truth.

And coffee....well shit it's just generally not good for you. there can be any number of pesticides/larvae/crap thats already bad for you in it.

Doesn't stop me from enjoying everything on that list though. A little fungus in ice added to the insect smorgasbord won't hurt.

I like mine extra cold!
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jan 12, 2011
                I have to find where I read it, but apparently where I live (or the SE in general), ice costs more to produce/ship than the drinks cost. It could be true either way, but personally I try to request less ice in my drink since the soda/juice is typically refrigerated to adequate coolness anyway.
              • Aug 1, 2011
                That may be understandable....I just hear my manager one day tell one of the cashiers to always fill the customers cup with ice, so that less soda is actually used. Kinda put me off buying drinks from that place :razz: