Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Is There a Way to Record a Demo Each Time I Connect to PF Server?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by MikeyGotBanned, Aug 27, 2014

1. Aug 1, 2014
    I just got wrongfully banned again by a ragequit mod who mistook me for someone else. The first time the admin caught his mistake within a few minutes and unbanned me and apologized. I'm tired of this happening to me because I am a loyal server fan and know the rules.

I need to defend myself against reckless mods. How do I record a demo each time I connect and have it overwritten?
  2. Nov 29, 2012
  3. Aug 1, 2014
  4. Nov 29, 2012
    Ah, that's odd. Well what I would do eachtime you join the server is type in console "record (name)" Without the qotes and parenthesis. And to make it easier to keep track of, name it possibly after the date, so for example record aug28
    And when you are finish recording type stop in console. To play demos, in console type playdemo aug28 so that specific demo plays. Demos will be saved under this folder;
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\User\counter-strike source\cstrike folder
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    It's in the Server Admins section. :razz:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nov 29, 2012
      Oops >.> Thanks for the correction Momo
      I didn't realize it was admin only. xD
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mar 26, 2012

It's stickied in the admin abuse section of the forum for a reason.

I have to admit that the first ban that happened to you was an understandable mistake in my opinion. It wasn't like you were randomly chosen.

Click the link above. A person name MIKEY was permanently banned on 7/31/14 2330 for "cade breaking". He was initially banned for that reason, but it was increased to a permanent ban about 1 hour late due to ban evasion. At 1406, you logged in with the name MIKEY like 13-14 hours after the first MIKEY's ban was increased to permanent due to him ban evading. It was believed that you were the same MIKEY ban evading again when it turns out you were a totally different MIKEY. It is an understandable mistake. The admin wasn't doing it to be mean to you or because he was mad at the world and rage quiting. Evidence like a demo or chat would have not prevent you from getting banned accidentally. The blame is on the admin for making this mistake, but it was an understandable mistake.

I 100% back you with recording a demo. You can record one everytime you play, which is what I do, but you can also wait to record until you think you are gonna have a problem. That could be like if an admin if you have had trouble with in the past comes on or when an admin starts targeting you eg warning, kicking, etc. The admin should almost always warn you first, and if he doesn't warn you first, he will probably automatically be in the wrong. In this case, he warned you so after the warning you may want to consider start recording a demo in case it leads to a kick or ban. I would almost definitely record a demo after a kick because that is the final step before getting banned.

One issue I notice with players when they complain about an admin abusing power is they feed the fire. The admin tells them to stop doing something and threatens punishment, and the player will be like "You're wrong. It's not against the rule." argue with the admin and do exactly what the admin told you what not to do. What do people expect? The admin is just gonna sit there and watch? No! If the admin is telling you to stop, stop what you are doing. Report the incident in Contact Senior Admin (CSA) forum. Only high level admins that regulate the lower level admins and yourself can see the message. For example, if you have a problem with me (low level admin, level 3 or below) you can talk with the people that in charge of making sure I am doing a good job "Hey, Aprz told me that this is against the rule and threaten to do this to me." They will let you know if I was in the right or wrong, and if I was wrong, they'll follow up with me "Hey, don't be stupid Aprz." You could also ask questions in Help Desk if you don't mind me seeing. You could even tag the admin and call 'em out. Maybe other people have the same question? Up to you. But if you get warned for cade breaking and kicked for cade breaking, start recording a demo cause you are 1 step away from getting banned, and also make sure at all cost that you stop whatever you were doing before that may have been considered cade breaking (even if you think it isn't cade breaking, or whatever you are being warned for). It's best to try to prevent getting kicked or banned because you really can't get that time back. All that can be done is you get unbanned early if wrongfully ban and the admin is schooled on what he did wrong, and if severe, demoted or it goes against his chance of getting promoted to the next level.

Feel free to contact me or reach out to other admins if you need help with anything. We aren't here to be jerks.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 2
        • May 17, 2014
          I'm sure it was just an innocent mistake. I've been on this server for 3 years and yes there are some rough admins and strict admins but all of them have the best at heart to keep enforcing the rules to make Plaguefest more fun. There were also admins I used to hate but now I know why they did the things they did and I've come to respect them. I got to say Plaguefest is the best gaming community I have been in in my short amazing life :smile:.
          • Friendly Friendly x 2