Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Is this illegal?

Discussion in Help Desk started by Gonepostal3000, Aug 8, 2011

1. Jul 24, 2011

Glitching the door with a prop?
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Whoa I didn't know you could still glitch props in OB. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's "Glitching" which is against the rules.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    Kinda a slippery slope with a spot like that, if he set it up like that I would say yes but if he just had the vendy blocking the door then a zombie pulled it toward the vent I'm not so sure. /shrug

Edit: Moved to Help Desk since its not an illegal spot, plus I want more traffic!
  4. Jul 24, 2011
    What about this then:

Now it's not glitched INTO the door, but is blocking the door. Is this viable?
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    That just looks like they have it blocking the door, doesn't look glitched at all.

Edit: I just realized you said its NOT glitching into the door, then the answer is yes that's fine.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    They're kind of glitching the door though as it will never open with that vending machine there.

It would be kind of sketchy to make a rule about this though. I know a number of my cades do this in 6 areas and I'm able to hold off the entire server.

7. Oct 29, 2010
    This particular door opens the other way as well, one of those doors you have to click in the right spot. Though you have a valid point, if a prop makes a door un-openable, I would assume that would be a problem.
  8. Jul 24, 2011
    For some odd reason, the door will occasionally open outwards from the vending machiene(so it will open). It happened twice within the 5 minutes it was held.

So yah, but if this is illegal; then wouldnt all the other spots in maps that involve blocking DOORS with props are also illegal to do?(sorry that was a runonsentence)
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    Actually a zombie can enter the vent from below and push the vending machine away from the door. I've personally have done it a few times and observed others do it as well making it a legal barricade.
  10. Apr 9, 2007
    It's possible to open the door from the vent. Although it would be bloody difficult with those 3? 4? people shooting the vending machine at it.

Sometimes we just have to do this :banghead:, sadly.

Seems ok, and besides, you got your point across.
  11. Apr 4, 2009
    First pic is Illegal second isn't most the time it isn't the players fault but the props fault when it gets stuck in the door like that.

You can tell it's glitched by the sand looking dust below the front of the machine.
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    Added postscript: I was able to successfully repeatedly open the door outwards (crazy city map) so it can be done without entering the vent.
  13. Jan 5, 2007
    Almost every time a prop glitches into a door(or a wall in my case :whistling: ) it is not the fault of the players behind the barricade. Usually it happens when zombies are spamming the door while the prop is being shot into it, but sometimes it can happen if the prop has no room to move. It's really hard to enforce that one, since you can't really tell if it was done on purpose(it all happens by chance anyways) or if it was purely accidental.

As far as prop blocking a door in general, it has always been perfectly legal since the props get moved around, and most areas have more than one entrance. I know of a decent number of maps that have locations where you can easily prop block a door, and it has never been an issue.
  14. Jul 24, 2011
    Great answers. Thank you very much for the information everyone!