Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Is this laptop enough to run next gen games or actual games or atleast which

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Superkiller, Sep 16, 2013

1. Feb 24, 2012
    Intel core i7 3rd gen 3630QM 2.40ghz 4 cores turbo mode up to 3.50 ghz
    Nvidia gt 750m 2gb Ddr3/Gddr5 <-- what does that means?
    Ram 6 gb ddr3
    Win 8
    1 TB
    64 bits
    Actually its a lenovo

Please help :grin: actually which games can it run and next gen etc.
  2. May 27, 2008
    First I gotta ask, what's the price, and why are you choosing a laptop over a desktop?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Desktops are better than laptops when it comes to gaming, so I have to ask just like Peter did, why laptop?
    • Feb 24, 2012
      i already have a pc made im making my gaming room so im choosing that instead of razer since razer is way damn costly oh actually the laptop is 1236 dollars
    • Aug 2, 2010
      Because he wishes to drop out of college by not focusing in class and playing "The Sims: HD Tits College Geek Edition" and failing his exams.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        Razer is overpriced. And I also heard some lenovo laptops have touch pad issues. (Might be Y series not sure)

I really like ibuypowers laptops, you can customize it. I gifted this laptop to my brother couple months ago and he says its pretty fast and good. If I were you, I'd save $200 and buy this laptop.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Valkyrie_CZ-15_2_Gaming_Laptop
      • Feb 24, 2012
      • Feb 24, 2012
      • Dec 6, 2011
        So.... why do you need a laptop for your gaming room, when you ALREADY have a PC?
      • Feb 24, 2012
        i just want a laptop so... is it good enough?
      • Mar 14, 2013

Any laptop with a CPU with Intel i3 to i7 3rd generation ( cpus end with ix - 3xxx) is just enough to run most current gen games at low to meduim settings fluidly. on the Cpu's GPU. But looking at the above it seems this laptop comes with a seperate gpu card called the nvidia

this link gives you facts on what kind of performance this gpu can give you http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-750M.90245.0.html
      • Jan 13, 2013
        You will run into a graphics issue as that is a laptop model.

It will be slower, but should still be ok to run at low settings (MAYBE medium)

750m: 384@967MHz 128 @ 2000-5000MHz. Thats not at all bad for a laptop, but its not as good as the desktop version of the 660 and above GFX cards
      • Feb 24, 2012
      • Apr 9, 2012
        A laptop will just melt trying to run the highest Gen games, no matter what you put in it... That is if you want them to be played on highest settings. Keep your PC if your laptop is not for work only :wink:
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Yea, what Joris is saying. Unless you have a "gaming" specific laptop with enough efficient cooling as well as cold ambient temperatures in your home, you'd be alright. You'll still burn through your battery in about 2 hours, and probably wear that out quickly too.