Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

is zombie never coming back

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by The HashSlingingSlasher, Mar 28, 2015

1. Mar 28, 2015
    Hi, you probably don't know who I am but I used to play zombie escape on source quite frequently. I played it usually in the morning and it was a pretty enjoyable experience. I would like to know if there is ever a chance of the server being rebooted?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Apr 28, 2013
      This has already been discussed :frown:. I believe I said this in a similar topic;
      I am so sorry but I miss pF ze too :crying:.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        The server is still live, it just needs players.
      • May 31, 2012
        We're going to make it happen Hash :razz: I love the ZE server. Join me for some Surf Facility sometime!
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 25, 2014
          We just need a core of around 10 people start playing everyday for some time, you only get it back on it's feet if you got some people who come back first, all i see here is talk, i would love to play ze but we need a core of atleast 10 people and not only for 1 week but for a whole month if not more.

Problem is people see empty servers and when some people do join it take ages for people to find out there people online, and those who joined won't stay for ever while there servers who are full.
        • Mar 19, 2015
          I would join that squad. Lets do it :smile:
        • Feb 27, 2012
          It's nice to see you guys want to get the ZE server poppin' again, and you say you'll do things to make that happen, however nobody has followed through with it yet. If you guys are serious, you need to stay dedicated to getting it populated. Start slow. Get a player base interested in getting ZE going again, and every day at a certain time, flood the server with those people, and go from there. You can't expect to just get the server once and all your problems will be solved; that's not how it works. You have to stay dedicated to getting the server populated. SecProtocol and I had spent a lot of time trying to get a same group of people in there for a week, and we proved it is possible to get it re-populated. First day we got about 40~ players on mako, about half full on Predator, and then it slowly died from there because of bad nominations. Second day, we filled the server up on Mountain Escape within 10 minutes. There were a couple of random people in the server, we joined, invited some people, and it just blew up with 64 players, and we held this for about 7 maps. Even on Minas it stayed full. We tried to do this for a few more days, but we just became too busy to keep doing it ourselves, and nobody else was taking the initiative to do it other than ourselves, and it died again. Once in a while when we're bored, we get it filled up, but nowhere near 64 players full. If you guys are serious about getting the server re-populated, you have to stay dedicated and have a dedicated group of friends who are willing to play on the server to help bring it back to life. If there are people who have been perma banned (i.e. Pearlsnaps) that would like to come back and play on our server, get them to file a ban protest. Most of the perma banned players that people talk about have been banned for years, and personally, depending on what they've done to either our servers or the community, i would be willing to give them another chance (sorry satsukii and dopescope, your family sharing bullshit ruined your chances of ever returning, on top of the other crap you've done)

TL;DR, get a group of people who are genuinely interested in reviving our ZE server, get a time every day that you all are going to play, and take it from there. Don't expect instant results, that's unrealistic. It would be fantastic if some admins were part of this as well.

We've made some changes to the server that were constantly requested as well, so it's not the same as it was before it died. I.e., we have !sm, so you don't have to listen to @Tewfen :wink:
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • May 17, 2014
            Post Merged, Mar 31, 2015
            You're all lucky you can listen to my manly voice
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Oct 24, 2013
              Make ze open only to level 2 admins, tony.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Oct 24, 2013
                I'd play it about the same, either way. :wink:
              • May 31, 2012
                I was talking to @meeko the other day about KitKat. Not sure if she'd want to come back - or other people's opinion of it (apparently she was a "troublemaker" well before I got here) - but I was thinking my last ban on her could be lifted.

I've been going on ZE but it's been difficult this week because my coursework began again; looks like I'll be limited to weekends temporarily. Was playing Predator while Aprz was facilitating gameplay, but as soon as he left, server died out quickly (nobody could control the maps or mode)...

Continuing with what Grape was joking about and in reference to my previous statement: I think it would be really helpful to have Level 3 admins interested in the ZE server. Maps and modes make a huge difference just as you noticed, and I'm thinking too big of a selection is hurting the "spark" that we need to reboot the server; at least Level 3 can change maps and noclip even if a map has already been played or something, and nobody would have to wait for the RTV command to be allowable again (beginning rounds on new map you can't RTV) - maybe even upgrade everyone a Level on ZE side if it's possible to get Level 1 or 2 involved. We could probably temporarily "remove" some maps to the main popular ones (seems sleazy but it could be helpful "spark"); this would be especially helpful because I know that competitive servers like GFL limit some of their popular maps on Weekends or events only, and we can attract the players who want to play those maps throughout the week.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  Joshy, Mar 31, 2015 Last edited by Joshy, Mar 31, 2015
                • Apr 28, 2013
                  That is one of the greatest ideas ever and I hope that idea would work. I will hopefully contribute to this. Also, we are going to change some plugins up if we were to reboot the ze server and I have some suggestions for plugins.

I would get involved with admin again but I need some time. I hope I can get admin by the end of my semester or so.
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Apr 9, 2007
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Jul 8, 2012
                      My course load this semester is much lighter than previous few. I can pitch in for the ZE revival. I'm usually awake just about always so I'm down for it.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Apr 28, 2013
                        I have some suggestions for plugins to keep and remove.
                        • Keep Antigrief. I consider this a better plugin than entwatch because entwatch has some glitches some servers/coders refuse to fix.
                        • Remove antistack. It makes some maps (like minas) virtually unplayable.
                        • Remove (or increase) the nade pickup limit but you can keep the nade buy limit to prevent the infamous "nade spamming at spawn."
                        • Increase ammo to about 2000-2500. Some people think 900 for a p90 or m249 is low.
                        • Keep the sm/stopsound plugins.
                        • Randomized voting or something similar.
                        Most of these suggestions were from an older thread named "To Management." The exception is keeping antigrief.
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Nov 26, 2013

1.) Remove pay2admin

2.) Recruit admins from community, PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY PLAY ZE WOULD BE WONDERFUL

3.) Watch as server population slowly rises around new admins

Tony is right, you need a small core to play and it will slowly build up. The problem is no one wants to play on a server without admins, or even worse a server with BADmins. Your admins should be the leaders of the server, they should be the core players you are referring to. Instead you have.... well you see what you have, or rather don't have (population).
                          • Like Like x 3
                          • Apr 28, 2013
                            To be honest, I didn't like pay2admin when I first joined pF but that doesn't mean not all admins are bad. There were some good admins like meeko. Heck, I have seen some bad admins in a non pay2admin system before. To make a change like remove pay2admin is a drastic change for that system has been with pF for years. We would have to see what some pF regulars will have to say about removing pay2admin.

It's not easy in a dying game to revive a ze server but possible. Source still has some life left because there are some "unique" maps and mapping techniques that are possible in source but not in global offensive. I would love to devote some time into helping pF but I fear school and laziness to play a different game will not get me on pF.

The day Source will die is when there will be a new engine (source 2) and mapping abilities to make even larger and advanced maps than source but the time for that hasn't come yet (my prediction will come true in about 1-2 years or so).

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to add for a suggestion is player whitelist instead of country whitelist. I believe i3d has that system and would have to save the time of muting and then unmuting a person ingame everytime a certain player joins.
                            Hydreigon, Apr 1, 2015 Last edited by Hydreigon, Apr 1, 2015
                          • May 31, 2012
                            There is already a system in place where there are admins who do not pay to be an admin: Lead Server Admins. The system people are more familiar with (because there are more admins) is the pay for admin, which is an added option; it helps preserve the community (via donations) so I'm thinking it's better to have a pay for admin system and have a community compared to having a few Lead Server Admins (non-paying) and no community, lol. However, I do agree that it'll be a lot easier if the non-paying admins could influence the paying admins into playing Zombie Escape so this wouldn't take away any core teams from the other servers such as Zombie Mod. Another suggestion would focus more on the player base: the donor perks. If you buy donor right now, it's probably going to be used for Zombie Mod (mainly) because Zombie Escape is struggling to survive; current donors are not really enjoying their perks on Zombie Escape (although they could try, but difficult without players). I don't think giving non-donors the same perks in Zombie Escape is going to hurt the server even with the (unknown) premise that it wont help either; this is something I really liked while playing in other servers. I made a thread about this idea but it seemed like most players who posted were against this, which I found very odd.

I don't know if I agree with the plugins suggestion because these plugins are beneficial in some maps but harmful in others; for example, you can resolve the anti-stack issue in Minas but then you'll mess up Mako. There are trade-offs to these plugins and I do not know all of the trade-offs very well, but I haven't seen people complained too much about these plugins with the exception of the anti-bhop (feels like it has been removed when I last played anyways).
                          • Apr 28, 2013
                            Joshy, can you please explain how resolving anti-stack issue in minas will mess up mako? I never even heard about that until now.