Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Issues with changing player models.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Sep 8, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Sajak and I have been working on a new ZM map, and we have a Pikachu model that changes you into the Pikachu model and it was working okay before, but recently started bugging out. Basically how we have it working (incase there is another way or something) is it turns your player model invisible, and you have the Pikachu one over top of it. It's all parented to a default knife. When someone takes damage, they go back to being visible and they still have the model over top of themself. Heres some screenshots of what I mean.

With the knife, working, not damaged.
    [IMG]

After getting stabbed once, visible with model over top.
    [IMG]

Ten seconds later, still visible.
    [IMG]

When the player becomes a zombie if they have the knife, they go to the zombie model, which should happen.
    [IMG]

We tried unloading ZR and restarting the round thinking it was ZR messing it up, but it still happens.
    @SubDelt@ @Kim @Päss do you guys have any idea what it would be? I know you guys use this model thing in your maps.
  2. Apr 24, 2012
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jan 13, 2013
      Could changing models be stripping the user (even if for an infinitely small amount of time) and pika loses its parent?
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I don't know how about Kim and Pass, but I'm doing it in other way. I'm not stripping the model to a knife. I'm changing the model itself (it doesn't even need to be attached to anything).
      This is how I did it: http://plaguefest.com/threads/changing-players-models-on-the-fly-not-server-os-dependant.15119
      If anything goes wrong, you can ask me and I'll try to explain more detailed what to do.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      We have it set so it changes your gravity and your movement speed, do you know if there is a way we can still have that happen? Also has a sprite trail, and some other little effects with it. Also, if the player turns zombie, it will switch them to the zombie model instead right? Meaning if they get stabbed or something, they'll loose it and look like a zombie.

EDIT: We also want it so that if they player who has it dies or turns into a zombie or something, he loses all the powers tied with it and goes back to the default player model's settings/servers settings. (default gravity, default speed, etc)
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Give us more info about how your model works. What entities are interacting with it? What outputs do you have on that model. Because I don't think anyone can fix a problem with knowing almost nothing about it.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I will have to wait for sajak to get home. He set the whole model thing up, so i'm not sure how it works exactly.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Sajak got the cl_precache info to work and he said thanks a lot for the info envilionador and subdelta. He also said to use "con_logfile" command in case the console ouput is too long and your model file gets cut off in the list. I had one other question. I have a song that has an audible distance over a portion of the map, once I leave the audible distance of the sound and go to another area and then come back, I can't hear the sound anymore. It's like the sound gets reset or something and I don't hear the music. How can I fix this? Thanks once again!!
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Every server seems to precache in different order? The model switch happened perfectly fine on my server and Tony's server during testing, but when we played it today on the ZM server, the pikachu model became a sofa model (different modelindex). Any idea how I can fix this?
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Umm, did you use and pack the propdata.txt into the map? If no - that's the problem. So far it works fine on my Convoy, on Cuniczek's Minecraft and some other maps on different servers, so I wouldn't say they precache in different orders.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • May 31, 2012
        They do if they didn't use the propdata, as it depends on the OS. That's why the title of that thread with the propdata had 'not OS dependant'.

Make sure you packed the propdata.txt. It needs to be packed by hand.
        • Informative Informative x 2