Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

It's been a week, and counting...

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Mer, Jan 20, 2007

1. Jan 11, 2007

I opened up my computer a week ago and dropped off the (suspected) faulty RAM at NCIX last week. All they have to do is get me some replacement RAM. I just got an update from them last night. My RAM --made by OCZ-- has been discontinued, so they have to ship it back to OCZ to get it replaced...

...the wait continues...
  2. Jan 11, 2007
    ... Actually, I have been thouroughly impressed with their service. This is the first company that I have dealt with where they show you respect. They have always given me prompt (within 1 day) responses to any messages that I sent them. They gave me guidance on problem-solving my hardware issue, but let me do it myself (as opposed to me sending in my computer, waiting 1 to 3 weeks, then find out that my computer's problem was exactly what I had suspected all along...)

This was the first computer dealership I dealt with who didn't mind that I opened up my computer and removed the RAM myself (often, just opening the tower case will 'void' the warranty). I guess you could say that NCIX is a company geared for pc enthusiests.

Besides, I knew that the second I sent the RAM in (in its original packaging), they would probably have to mail it back to OCZ to get replacement parts. After all, in this manner, they are just acting as the middle-men between me and OCZ (which has a life-time guarentee on its RAM). So, things are proceeding exactly as I expected...

Ofcourse, that doesn't mean I have to ENJOY the wait... It's not like Canada post has won any awards for speedy service...
  3. Jan 11, 2007

Well, it's been two weeks now, and I have still not recieved my RAM. The bad news is that after having talked to them, their response was that my RAM would be ready in, "a couple of weeks" :frown:

The good news is that I have a friend who works for them, and if my RAM isn't ready by the middle of this week, then he's going to try to get them to give me the current-market equivalent of my RAM.

...The wait continues...
  4. Jan 11, 2007
    Yeah... I'm more than a little steamed... If I have to go through ONE more week without my computer...

...At least this is a very busy week, so that even if I had my computer up and running, I wouldn't have much time to devote to the server.
  5. Jan 11, 2007

6 weeks, and no RAM. I don't know who I hate more: OCZ for their crappy, expensive, and discontinued RAM, or NCIX for their crappy customer service wrapped up in the disguise of "good" customer service.

I've asked for some replacement RAM (it's more expensive, and has better timings than my old OCZ RAM, but after waiting 6 weeks, I feel I've *earned it*... there's no way I'm putting down another dime for it, though).

Every new weekend that approaches, I keep telling mysely, "THIS will be the weekend that I get my computer back together..." Every Monday that comes with no new RAM kills that dream bit by bit...

Perhaps I will go buy a can of paint, drive to their headquarters, and throw it at their building. The only question that remains is, "Should I pick the Red can, or the Blue can...?"
  6. Dec 30, 2006
    Im sorry, maybe you should try bringing there asses to court? Call them, and complain.
  7. Jan 11, 2007
    Actually, I just sent a complaint message... If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I will call them with a follow-up complaint... after that...

...Of course, they still *can* buy me off with a bunch of free computer stuff...

...I'm thinking a new $9,000 state-of-the-art gaming rig would do the trick... That's not asking too much.
    I've settled on the Red paint... It reflects my mood.
  8. Dec 30, 2006
    Of course than if they agreed to that 9k comptuer gaming machine they would probably take forever to ship it or get it going. I mean look how long it takes just to get new ram installed, imagine how long it would take for a new computer.
  9. Jan 11, 2007
    It's amazing what a little complaint will do. They've responded back saying that the RAM I suggested would be an acceptable swap... Except, they were only going to credit my OCZ RAM towards the purchase (i.e. I would have to pay the difference out of my pocket...)

...Yeah right! Wait 6 weeks for RAM and they expect me to pay for the price difference between the two sets of RAM...

...I was so annoyed, I didn't respond right away. I walked away from my computer so that I could calm down, form the right response (and buy another can of red paint...)

I come back to my computer, and *surprise*, suddenly they have my replacement OCZ gold RAM ready! Apparently it should be available for pickup either today, or tomorrow... I won't believe it until I actually have the replacement RAM in my hands... and it actually installs without errors in my computer.

Here's to hoping that this ends the *saga of the evil customer service department*...

Cheers,
    Mer
    It's at this moment that I ask myself, "why, oh why didn't I choose the *blue* paint...?"