Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion It's time to deprecate ze:css in favor of ze:go.

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by atxdragon, Aug 20, 2015

1. Aug 7, 2012

ZE on CS:S is dead. Hella dead. It's been dead for many months now. There isn't any kind of event we can run that will bring it back. Other communities have abandoned or deprecated CS:S in favor of CS:GO. I would suggest that PlagueFest do the same.

Server support has been increased tremendously over the last few months. We can now do 64 players, and maps are getting better, even though the map size limit is still crazy low. This is something that we, as a community, can push Valve on if we make it a priority.

I suggest that the ZE CS:S server be repurposed to a high-power CS:GO ZE server where the pF brand can be rebuilt into something that everyone will be proud to join. The ZE maps are getting better, and we are in a position where we can go back to the "roots" of pF where we build new maps and provide input on how the CS:GO ZE game is progressed. We can shape the future of ZE on CS:GO. We just need to have the drive to do so.

Let's get together to rebuild the community, which will in turn re-shape CS:GO itself. We are PlagueFest!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
      22nd thread about ZE being dead in CS:S and 10th thread about starting fresh in CS:GO.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Aug 7, 2012
        Thanks for providing input on how to make ZE not suck!
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I'm confused like usual. Are you not aware that we already have a CS:GO ZE server? If you are part of the pF event group, Detonator sends out several times a day to let people know when we are all hopping on. He has a thread on it here.

If I am misunderstanding, can you clarify what you'd like to see?
        • Aug 7, 2012
          Yes, I'm aware that there is a GO:ZE server. I'm suggesting that we deprecate the CS:S ZE server and redirect it to the CS:GO ZE server
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I still don't understand what you are recommending. Remove the CS:S ZE server and replace it with CS:GO ZE? Why can't we have both? We were putting effort into reviving ZE for awhile, but not recently. I will admit that the server is just there, like MG and ZMP, but it is not taking away any resources from CS:GO ZE.

I personally would prefer to see both CS:S ZE and CS:GO ZE thrive. If a server admin or players chose to try to revive CS:S ZE, I would have no problem with that. I might hop on for my favorite maps like Predator, which is not available on CS:GO ZE.
        • Jun 19, 2013
          LOL, they havent even done anything with zmp, which has been dead for years. What makes you think they are going to do anything with the css ze server?
        • Aug 7, 2012
          I'm recommending deprecating the ZE:CSS server with a ZE:GO server because that's where the CS community is moving towards. The ZE:CSS server is taking away resources because it's not being featured as PlagueFest's primary ZE server. I understand that there may be some maps that are missing, but the CS community is, as a whole, moving to CS:GO. There's no reason to keep promoting the CS:S ZE server as the primary server, when we can move on to the community standard. It's definitely not 100% ready to go, but neither was the CS:S ZE server when it first came out. We need to spend resources getting the CS:GO servers up to snuff so that we can continue to be relevant in the CS community.
          Post Merged, Aug 20, 2015
          because the other "communities" have healthy ze:go servers. there isn't any reason why pF can't invest in making a ze:go server that beats the other communities.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I don't understand how it is a primary server or taking away resources. It's just another server like ZMP and Custom (formerly MG). If our CS:GO ZE server was full and we needed more servers to have another CS:GO ZE server as overflow then I could understand getting rid of CS:S ZE, but I'd probably get rid of ZMP first, lol.
        • Aug 7, 2012
          I consider a "primary server" as being at the top of http://plaguefest.com/servers/ or the default server when anyone mentions "ZE". I'm not advocating completely removing the CS:S ZE server, but as it's been at 0 population for months, it may be time to devote its resources to a CS:GO ZE server instead. Perhaps we could deprecate CS:S ZE maps to the MG server.

The CS:S ZE server has been dead since October. Completely dead. There isn't an event that would bring a significant population back for more than a few hours. I've tried and spent over $100 on it. The ZE server is not coming back and it's time to move on to CS:GO.

[IMG]
        • Mar 26, 2012
          I don't think that means anything. It's literally just a list of our servers. Custom is at the very top. That doesn't make it PlagueFest's primary server, a zombie community. Moving CS:GO servers to the top wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't believe it would significantly change anything though.

No resource is being taken away from CS:GO for CS:S. None. We have been pushing CS:GO for awhile. We haven't pushed or put effort into CS:S ZE recently.
        • Aug 7, 2012
          You're welcome to believe this. It's obvious from the graph I provided that support hasn't been given to CS:S ZE since October of last month. I feel that if ZE/ZM:GO is promoted heavily throughout the site (headers, banners, forum posts, email blasts, etc.), as well as possible promotions (which I would have preferred to discuss in the CSA thread), we could boost the server population to similar community levels.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I think he is trying to tell us that removing the ZE:CSS server will force people to be lead to the one and only server for ZE, which in that case would be CS:GO. Perhaps he is also suggesting that all resources are spent on the ZEGO server instead, in that there would be no cost involved in running a ZECSS server that is ultimately not being used.

There has been a ZEGO server on another community for over a year now, and it's always full with 64 players 24/7. I can't remember the name (I'm too lazy to look it up right now) but it works great there and I have had a lot of good times there as well. I simply quit ZE ever since I can't fully connect to the community on there, but occasionally if I want to have a good play, I just go there, because it's always full. So, yea, it's possible, but PF just hasn't found the right way to currently do it and/or there isn't enough interest across the whole PF community to keep a population up.
        • Oct 29, 2010

No point.
        • Jan 21, 2011
          If we can't get ze or zm go to sustain a steady population, pf probably won't last much longer. Taking down any CSS server won't benefit GO at all, though. Just need to put more time into getting zego to sustain a population.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 24, 2011
            CS:GO is getting more and more players, more and more people to bring, more and more possibilities to open for us.
            We just need to light the fire and people will eventually be drawn to the light. In the end it will become a self-sustained flame.

Ya better get yer flint-n-steel Meeko babe. Don't give up pls.

[IMG]

You are more than likely the love of my life.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            Take the time to go to the server list for ze on CS:GO and come back please. There is a point :cute:
          • Feb 13, 2014
            People aren't going to join a server with 0 players.

Some are like 'Join!" but I've looked at the server list a couple times when this was being said and there wasn't even anyone in the server.

If you guys seriously want ZE:GO to be a thing start joining the server and encouraging your friends to join too and stay there for a significant period of time. That's the ONLY thing that's going to make it happen - Numbers in the server.

But we all know this already.

[IMG]

Play tonight? I'll bring some peoples.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Feb 24, 2011
              I'll be home in around 4~ish hours.
            • Jun 11, 2012
              Have a message in the non-functionning MOTD of CSS cross promoting the other servers.

Have rotating staff doing events either rewarding or not. When Deto was active with his, he did it super well to the point we had a stable 20 people on regular. Granted he can keep it up within a period of time if the day to accommodate both EU and NA. In his shoes, I imagine that got tiring and boring.

So yeah, rotating staff, sorry for verbose.

Also, if we had a MG server that we can use for nightly out of spur moment, that be fun.

Thanks,
              Cage