Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Jailbreak and gungame servers

Discussion in Future Servers started by ™Chaos™, Apr 18, 2015

1. Apr 13, 2015
    Hi. I'm making this thread to suggest turning zm panic, custom maps, or zm escape into jailbreak and gungame.
    For those of you who misinterpreted my meaning, no i do not mean turning a server into jailbreak and gungame in one. Rather, two separate servers.
    Basically, we turn panic into jailbreak and escape into gungame.
    The zm escape server can be semi-merged with the zombie unlimited ammo. Since map vote is decided by the players, i dont see why that would be a major issue as to why we shouldn't merge them.
    Since not many people play panic, cm, or escape only servers, we should try changing it up.
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/167.114.54.254:27015/
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/cm.plaguefest.com:27015/
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ze.plaguefest.com:27015/
    These links are to prove that in the past month, the servers get less than 10 people!

The point of changing the server is to expand mods PF covers. Therefore increasing population and also creating diversity.(Those who love zombie mods, those who love gungames, those who love jailbreak.)
    I can offer my help in setting up jailbreak since i only ran a jailbreak server before. I can also draft an easy going motd that is simple yet effective in keeping order.

To expand PF, we must think outside of the box. As Albert Einstein once said "Insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Thank you. Please show your support below! :smile:))
  2. Dec 19, 2014
    I am totally down for merging ZE with ZM. Seems like a good way to get people to start playing ZE again, and then maybe later down the road you can set it on a different server or not. Who knows.

However, for jailbreak and gungame servers, I don't think they'll work out. I love jailbreak, but as stated before in other threads, it's simply too different from what we already have. For starters, administrating a server like this would be difficult, and would take a lot of organization. I've administrated for RP servers before, so I know it can be done. But it's a whole different ballgame outside the realm of gun game and ZM and all of these black and white game modes. (Comparatively speaking)
    Not to mention that jailbreak requires people to have a microphone (not everyone needs one, but many do. Unless you plan on having a small group of wardens rotating, which isn't fun.)

Gun game is also a very over-saturated market. Especially on CSS. If anything, I could see it being implemented into custom maps, but not a server on its own.
    It just doesn't have a long-lasting appeal. People will grow tired of it, very quickly. Not everyone, of course, but enough that it'll cause the server population to dwindle down.

EDIT: If we were to replace one of the servers for one of these gamemodes, or any for that matter, I'd vote Panic 24/7. I have yet to see that populated with a decent player base in the past couple of months. Custom Maps, however, is used almost on a daily basis in the wee hours of the day. (Oxazebam, myself, and a few others like to jump on there)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 13, 2011
      If you suggest combining both ZE and ZM together, then it will eventually kill both servers. Just my thought. If you have a player like me that likes to nominate "Neko_Sicachu_park", then it will draw ZE players away, and vice versa.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Dec 19, 2014
        Good point. We don't really have ZE only players, though. Those that do only play ZE, don't play on our servers from what I've seen. The only downside I see from this is if ZM only players begin to leave due to ZE taking up map spots.

RTV is always an option. Though I'm not sure if it could save a bunch of ZM only players from being forced to play ZE.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Just because it has failed or the idea has been shut down before doesn't mean it will never happen. Produce some great points, and perhaps we can try it out.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 26, 2015
          Me and the other guys play cm from time to time. Usually when ZM is too crowded and we just want to have a good time or just to do something fun.
          As for merging ZM and ZE. People play on ZM because they want something survival. People play on ZE, it's because they want an objective. That's what I'm thinking.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I don't think doing anything else in the zombie scene for CSS. We already have strong competition with other communities, and with another ZE community up and going, it just got even more diffiucult. Notice we havent gotten over 10 players in ZE all week? It was doing great before, then a new community shows up and all of our ZE regulars are there. IBIS also does a ZE/ZM server, and there are lots of things that conflict,and rules can get very confusing.

Doing something new and out of our scene would be better for us i think. We've dug our grave over time with some of the players and decisions we've made. We can keep what we've got, but we definitely need to expand into a new idea. What we've got is great, but if you ever expect anyone to stay around for a long time, it's necessary we do so. I'm surprised some people have stuck around as long as they have.
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Apr 13, 2015
            I dont mind the cm as much. But the other two zombie servers should be changed.
            Whats so bad about different?
            It's too narrow to just have zombies.
            Again, im not proposing gungame as much as jailbreak because i dont know how gungame works. But jailbreak will definitely have a population.
            I offer to admin it and work with the management to discuss how to run it, if they want to.
            Post Merged, Apr 18, 2015
            It's a thought. Since ZE doesnt really have any regulars, i suggest removing it if what you're saying is true.
            Wasting money on unpopulated server is just pointless.
            CM is fine, but ZE and panic should be removed.
            The choices are either to combine ZE or ZM or remove ZE altogether.

I couldnt agree more. I plan to stay in PF for a very long time, but zombie WILL GET BORING. Too much of anything is uncalled for. No point in having a "theme." It's simple too narrow and will not attract VARIOUS players.
            Think about this:
            Having a jailbreak server: Giving orders and rebelling etc etc. TOTALLY NEW
            Zombie: Killing zombies, building barricades, killing humans... blah blah on and on. Totally new!
            CM: Basically minigames combined with a whole lot of random things. NO ORDERS. NO ZOMBIES. Again, TOTALLY NEW!

To summarize, TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS BORING!!
          • Mar 26, 2015
            (Slowly turning to the other side and idk punctuation) Hmm... Just a thought. No one plays ZE nowadays, right? So if PF did merge ZE and ZM. The ZE server would go bye bye and no one would miss it. The ZE events would be obsolete.
            I don't see a big fuss happening "Omg d00d were ZeeEmm!? i luv et" If people wanted to play on a ZE map, they would just need to nominate and vote for it. If people wanted to play on a ZM map, just nominate and vote for it. It sounds simple enough, right?
          • Oct 13, 2011
            ZMP been there for like 2 years now. Noone tries to revive it, and I don't see anyone playing it anymore yet we are still hosting it. I think, pF wants to host zm related servers/mods/stuff, however we had mg / have cm.

I remember suggesting, removing ZMP and hosting another mod. So why don't you guys change ZMP to JB, Deathrun or whatever you want ?
          • Apr 13, 2015
            That is the fundamental idea. However i would suggest limited the amount of ze maps in the zm unlimited ammo, if we do combine the ze and zm. Maps like zm_boat_escape is pretty good in my opinion. Short, small, and simple.

Deathrun is essentially in cm? I believe.. Not sure though.
            But yes, we should replace it with something different. That will make our community bigger and more diverse!
            1 zombie server is enough... Doing more than 1 is to waste money.
          • Oct 13, 2011

Also, ZE was popular before ddos n other shit happened.
          • Mar 26, 2015
            Wouldn't Deathrun and Gungame be "recreational"? If so, it would probably be better off in Customs.
            But that's just my own though. :v
          • Oct 13, 2011
            pf had gg servers before, didnt work out.
          • Apr 13, 2015
            They should add some DR maps in CM haha :smile:

Gungames is pretty competitive. But i barely play so i cant say much on behalf of the gungame lovers on PF.

How long did they have it for?
          • Oct 13, 2011
            Why not, just make a suggestion. That's why its called CM.
          • Mar 26, 2015
            I've compared CM to Mario Party because of all the mg's it had. Any gamemods that are extremely fun or don't make sense should be put in there.
          • Apr 13, 2015

Haha that doesnt sound like a bad idea.
            But lets stick to JB. So support this JB idea :grin:?
          • Oct 13, 2011
            I'll link you some stuff:

http://plaguefest.com/threads/please-dont-ever-add-a-jailbreak-server.5630/

http://plaguefest.com/threads/jailbreak-server.4610/

http://plaguefest.com/threads/new-possible-servers.9808/#post-127110

http://plaguefest.com/threads/jail-break.5227/
            These threads are old, I just wanted you to see how management replied back.

People are busy, and setting up a server/s takes time, and after that you need to advertise or host events to get people in.