Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Jailbreak and gungame servers

Discussion in Future Servers started by ™Chaos™, Apr 18, 2015

1. Oct 13, 2011
    I just called him a fucktard, I don't see anything wrong with it. Anyways I'm done.
  2. Apr 13, 2015
    The life quotes aren't about kissing or breathing. Where in the world did you even get that idea?
    Even though css is a dying game, should we not change the servers that no one plays on? No, we should try something new.
    Also it is fair to say that the servers are empty. They have been empty. You clearly do not know what you're talking about "never without players." Never without? You've never seen panic with 0 players? Really now? You must be quite lucky to actually find that 1 out of hundred time when someone is actually playing. For that, i congratulate you. But it has been without players.
    The regulars around here cant speak for the whole body of players. Neither can you.
    The regulars here are regulars for what? ZM. Shocking isnt it?
    The point of changing a panic server to jailbreak is to attract new players, and expand the scope of our player base.
    I'm passionate about changes. I will make whatever suggestions i feel fit. If you have a suggestion, go post it. But please dont tell me what to do and what to suggest. Truth is, i dont really care for your pessimistic character and your blatantly crude comments about how "painful it was to read" or "weird life quotes."

Another thing is I'm not begrudging anyone, so don't accuse me of that. Before you accuse someone of "begrudging,'' you should have a idea and proof of what you're talking about.
    This post was to show a new way into things at PF servers. My responses serve as reasons for what Mr. A said isn't really the case and could be fixed with this.
    Again, don't try to speak for everyone. Just because this thread was not to your liking.
    I would encourage you to heed to this cliche: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Thank you
    Post Merged, Apr 20, 2015

What do you propose seeker? Leave the dead servers and not bother trying to change the servers?
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      I'm not proposing anything really. Just trying to say that getting a CSS server of any sort populated is going to be an uphill battle. I'm not a huge fan of jb servers but I don't have any massive grudges against them which is why I haven't really participated in this thread.

If I were to propose anything, it would be to leave css as it is for now and focus on getting zmgo and zego populated. Once those servers are maintaining population, we can consider other game modes for css and csgo.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 13, 2015
        If other LSAs are not interested in setting up a jb, can i do it? You guys can just upload it. Ill get other things ready besides the donor system. Im waiting for a word from Brian and other managements to make a JB server
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I'm not a big fan of Jailbreak either by any means, but i also wouldn't mind a Jailbreak server. It would take some time and work to bring in some population, and it would be quite a change, but i think it would be worth the effort. If it is decided to try it out, I would be willing to put in the effort to get it populated.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 13, 2015
            • Like Like x 1
            • May 27, 2008
              We've tried JB servers in the past and because of how it went down previously, I cannot endorse it. Same with servers that are Flavor of the Week like gungame is. We're too late in the game to see it flourish.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 13, 2015
                "Too late" doesnt mean it won't. Having a panic server with 0 people is just wasteful.
              • Oct 29, 2010
                Why are you still harping on this? What do you think it's wasting?
              • Feb 27, 2012
                It could be wasting a few hundred MB of our 128GB (or whatever we're at) of RAM! Think of the RAM, Momo!
                If we were to make a JB server, we could very easily just run it along side what we've already got. Trust me, the server has the power to do so.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Oct 11, 2012
                  Let's just kill ZMP and ZE and host a different game outside of CSS all together! Pf is a community... not a CSS specific one at that.

Here are the top steam games above CSS:

[IMG]
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • May 27, 2008
                    Taking this from the post I made directly above the thread you necro-posted in on Thursday.
                  • Feb 21, 2007

My apparent stalker alerted me to come here...:bugeyes:
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Aug 12, 2012
                      CS 1.6 has more players then CS:S, that is sad
                      • Zing! Zing! x 1
                      • Jun 29, 2014

@Tony The Tiger
                        J BomBer's Booty Hole, Apr 20, 2015 Last edited by J BomBer's Booty Hole, Apr 20, 2015
                      • Apr 13, 2015
                        What do owners use to pay for these servers money? Whats the point of having a server if it yields nothing?
                        Lets stick to what we know... CSS

I addressed this before.. The gungame server, i dont mind either way. This post is mainly about jb. Did you happen to read all the previous posts? 90% of them were about JB
                      • May 27, 2008
                        I did. Have you read mine? It truly applies to any and all FOTM servers that we bring up. They don't gain traction when other communities have already developed a well-established userbase. I'm in no way saying not to do it, I'm explaining what you should expect if a Jailbreak server were to be added.
                      • Feb 27, 2012
                        He's only trying to say we do not need to get rid of a server if we want to make a new one.
                      • Apr 13, 2015
                        I believe adding a jailbreak server will be better than leaving the other servers dead and taking up spots, which can be used more effectively. I have some jailbreak friends who may play if we add a jailbreak server. Let's give it another try!

I mean if the management thinks they can pay for another server, then by all means.
                        However if the management can't, i would suggest removing a dead server.