Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Jailbreak Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by Burnout, Nov 12, 2011

1. Aug 10, 2011
    It was brought up in the past several times and shot down everytime. However I'd like to quote ray on this:

''I have considered a Jailbreak server in the past. It would help the community grow and bring in more money, however, I want to make the Jailbreak server truly unique. If we don't, we'll just be hurting ourselves.''

Wanted to quote him directly from the thread but it was locked :/
    link: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/5600-jailbreak-server/page__p__64814__hl__jailbreak__fromsearch__1#entry64814

It's a bit early to bring this up, however I have started ba_jail_portal and ba_jail_blackmesa and I wanted to make these private maps not public (ofc people could download it from the server and then add it to theirs) and if Plaguefest were to get a jailbreak server I would be able to make these maps private releases as well as make the server unique similar to how Edgegamers jailbreak Server only runs maps made by it's members.

If not I will be making a gamebanana profile to make these maps publicly available. The purpose of these maps is to add to my portfolio for College regardless of whether or not they are public or private.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    I will always be against having a jailbreak server. I don't see the fun in it. Maybe fun maps can change my mind, though.
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    No. Admin nightmare
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    There's a good reason. Visit the HG jailbreak and see why.

Then you will understand why I will always be against this.

Not only as an admin, but as a player as well. It's like babysitting a group of idiots.
  5. Aug 10, 2011
    problem with HG is the admins not the players, been banned from their servers several times for no reason, useless bunch they are, Edgegamers (though you know how intensely I hate that clan) have a good Jailbreak server that is well regulated, there is still the occasional incident with mass freekilling by a ct but a script they've added will slay a ct if they kill a certain # of ts in a round (varies based on the number of t's). If they do it multiple times their priviledges to play on t will be taken away.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    HG is not a real jailbreak server. There were few jailbreak servers in existance. They have logical rules, they have a strong player base, and they have special skins and scripts specificaly for their own server. Most servers DL their skins from fpsbanana or have shit rules. If we ever considered doing a jailbreak server we would need to do things very carefully.
  7. Nov 14, 2010
    I say no to the JB (Justin Beiber) themed servers.

Like Clam said. "Admin nightmare"
  8. May 27, 2008
    We are never ever going to release a Jailbreak server.
  9. Oct 29, 2010
    I support having a jail break server.
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    I support moMo in being a huge troll.
  11. Oct 29, 2010
    But I'm not trolling. =(
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    you're trying real hard aren't you
  13. Jul 8, 2010
    I think JB is a fun game type however, I think PF isnt ready for it. It requires constant monitoring for it to remain fun.
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    It's one of those gamemodes that's fun and exiting when you just bought css.... After that you only have those no-life players left that do nothing but play JB. Unless we have many (we don't.) nolifers, it'll be impossible to keep a steady playerbase.
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    Does he look like a bitch?
  16. Jun 4, 2006
    your custom title no longer fits your avy, you silly slut
  17. Aug 10, 2011
    You know what, now that I think about it you're probably right, after all I am usually the one complaining about the quality of players on ze... You can't fix stupid, a jailbreak server would just be asking for trouble with these people :razz:
  18. Jan 12, 2011
    While I was very hopeful of trying to do things right in the other thread (and still am, actually) it comes down to a problem of admin numbers. Right now there aren't as many as the community had during the summer months and trying to manage a JB server at first would be quite messy. I have no doubt that if we put the effort and planning into it, it could become a controlled server and not a flaming ball of ooze. But right now I have to say the timing just isn't right. We need more total active admins for this to have a chance at the startup. :confused:

Edit: Good job linking the original thread, though. At least you read our previous discussion on it before posting. :thumbsup: