Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Jenga.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Richard420, May 25, 2012

1. Dec 2, 2011
    What would it take to make a mg map like the game jenga, Just like on halo3. Does anyone know what i am talking about.
  2. Nov 16, 2011

EDIT: and lag.
  3. Jan 27, 2011
    where you pull out blocks until it falls and the person it falls on loses?
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    No, I believe what he means is the halo version of this game, I admit it was quite fun. To make this version it would involve a lot of props. And lag.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    I'm sure a few do, but most probably don't. But hey by spending 2 more minutes on your post you could have easily included a youtube video from halo3 demonstrating exactly what you're talking about. Or you can just continue to put minimal effort into your posts that works too.

At any rate it seems pretty damn similar to smash cannons ... someone's launching something and it affects some objects you're on with physics, pretty damn similar except there's no towers really, just platforms that go down with 1 hit. I could certainly see a map like these halo jenga ones causing some nice lag like source.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      I still have no idea lol. So smash cannonz but without towers?.... I lost the plot there. Link to vid someone? Thanks :smile:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
    • May 15, 2011
      I fucking love Jenga. It's an interesting concept but you need to come up with a way to take the idea of Jenga blocks, and work them into a usable game method. Having a Jenga tower and blocks falling seems interesting, but cheesy. For something like this though, taking the time to make actual model Jenga blocks would be cheaper than building simple brushes and making multiple func_physblock's, which would rape everyone's FPS. You could get creative, and maybe build a castle out of Jenga blocks, have the two teams try and knock them over or something. And IMO, car/brick/prop fall maps are kind of lame.
    • Apr 14, 2011
      No it could be done with phys'boxes, u figure 3x3x12 and you make it so either so use moves them or u shoot them out. It can be done, need some pointers?
    • Nov 16, 2011
    • Dec 2, 2011
      Well I posted this before running out the door, and wanted to let you guys see this while I was gone.

via http://youtu.be/ReyMp78AWY4
    • Jan 27, 2011
      I could totally see you doing it like some sort of smash cannons. Have like 30 towers out there + 4 shooters who can shoot boxes or something. Then again that is a lot of props and I could see some lag going on.

I think doing it the way that is on the video would only be allowed with few players, not 20+