Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

JorisCeoen's Maps

Discussion in Mapper Portfolios started by JorisCeoen, Aug 25, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012
    I'm planning to release many maps in the future, especially for CS:S and CS:GO
    You can also to my own site in the mapping section: JorisCeoen's Maps

I will keep it short at this moment and just post what I currently have:

CS:S

Zombie Escape
    • ze_SSBB_v1 (Scrapped)
    • ze_Avalanche_passage_v1 (Scrapped)

Backgrounds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CS:GO

Zombie Escape
    • ze_cathedral (Beta - Abandoned. Being re-worked for CS:S at this time)

Bomb Defusal

Special

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD GALLERY
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
      JorisCeoen, Aug 25, 2012 Last edited by JorisCeoen, May 2, 2015
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I submitted de_winter_forest after all. Have fun everyone!
      • Like Like x 2
      • Apr 24, 2013
        de_winter_forest looks good , downloading
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Aha lolz thanks. I recently also created de_ardennes which should look even better. I'm gonna improve onto it as well, and fix all missing things as well as improve gameplay. And most important of all, fix the bsp filesize
      • Dec 27, 2012
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I have added cs_ardennes, which is the final and official version of the map. DE simply didn't work out as well as it did with CS, which was the original gameplay after all. I hope people like the map! I spend a considerable amount of time to make it look detailed, constructive, with good colors and good flow. Please, download the map, rate and post a comment :wink:

[IMG]
      • May 18, 2012
        So you're gonna continue with SSBB? I'm looking forward to it and hope it works good this time!
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Well yea I wanted to continue it, but there is currently no way for me to advance on SSBB as of Hammer is now. I tried working on it in the HL2 version of Source, but there are still so many things missing, and many filters simply do not work.

However, for not wasting time I am currently working on a completely new version of cathedral which will be better in all of the aspects of the previous version, and it will be an actually playable map. The reason why I can do this map in HL2 version is because it's far less complicated than SSBB and currently requires only the level designing as I have to remodel all of the cathedral.

It will have 60% less polygons in total and finally have properly modelled models, properly textured models (UV-Mapping). My previous cathedral rendered over almost 600000 polygons, now it won't certainly be more than 300000. That said without LOD models, because with LOD models it's even much less.

But I promise everyone, the moment Hammer gets updated to work fully again, I will resume SSBB until it's completely finished!
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I have updated this old portfolio page. I have recently released de_pontifici on GameBanana for the Building Bridges contest. Here are some pictures:

[IMG]
          [IMG]

[IMG]
          [IMG]
          [IMG]
          [IMG]

If possible, please test and rate the map on GameBanana. A workshop link is not yet available. I'm currently retouching all of the houses and am almost rebuilding from the ground up to have a perfect map
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 9, 2012
            Added a new map to the list, a special one in fact:

[IMG]
            [IMG]
            [IMG]
            [IMG]
            [IMG]
            • Like Like x 2
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
            • Apr 9, 2012