Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Just Added a 3rd Monitor

Discussion in Technical Support started by Momo, Jul 31, 2015

1. Oct 29, 2010
    Since I moved into a studio apartment (basically just 1 big room) I decided to put my TV (exclusively used for ps4 previously) on my desk with my computer to save space and, with it being there, why the fuck not hook it up to the PC?

So I'm curious what cool programs there are to help manage and fiddle with multiple monitors, I've never really bothered before. I've done a google search, but I'm not familiar with any of the programs I'm seeing, just looking for opinions I guess.

The TV, which is 1080p and 32"(-ish can't remember,) looks fine as far as movies/games go but looks grainy when viewing text. Is this simply due to the size getting bigger and the resolution not?
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    From what I've read, 1080p past about ~26(ish) inches looks like poo, especially on a TV.

I've been gaming on a 24" tv from 2011. It's no diamond, but it works okay. I'm sure if I put it next to a legit monitor it would look like shit though.
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    Display fusion if you're still on windows 7, windows 8/8.1 and 10 have good multi screen support.

if your video card is old, (As in non-SLI/Crossfire GTX 4xx or HD 5xxx), then you might have issues with triple monitor setups.

As for grainy text, looks like a tv setting, some TV's have a setting that actually accommodates PC's, try looking into that.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    I used a 32" tv as a third monitor for a while, but got significant input lag on it. That may have just been my TV, though.
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    I have input lag on mine too, it's just the tv. Their response time isn't fantastic, because why would it need to be?
  6. Oct 25, 2013
    Regarding the grainy text, a couple of months ago I got myself a 22?23?" TV for my desk to go alongside my monitor and when I plugged it in I noticed that it was grainy. The fix in my case was rather easy cause all I had to do was to change the resolution on the TV to my native monitor resolution. The TV was running at 1920x1080 (16:9) while my monitor was at 1680x1050 (16:10), after changing the TV to 1680x1050 everything looked nice and sharp. Perhaps you have a similar problem.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    I've been using a 26" TV and a 23" monitor for a while now and, while the monitor is definitely a bit more crisp, the TV still looks great; though I suspect you're right, guess I got lucky with the 26" TV.

Trying this out now, thanks!

GTX 970.

I think I can only use those settings if I'm using VGA, I'm on HDMI and don't have any other option. From what I can tell, that's only to fix the overscan, which I just did with Nvidia control panel.
  8. Aug 7, 2012
    make sure to turn off overscan on the TV or else it'll look like poo.