Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

just want to know something

Discussion in Help Desk started by game02360759, Sep 9, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 5, 2012
    hi how many admin are there in pf just want to know bc my friend said to me 300 admin but i want to know we are betting something so i want t o know lol
  2. May 14, 2011

press on my admin tag under my name in the post and count them. :smile:
  3. Feb 12, 2012
  4. May 15, 2011
    251 admins. Plus more probably since not everyone joins the group when they're suppose to.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Aug 26, 2012
      Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you'll give us away.~
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 14, 2012
        251 admins and not an ounce of skillz amongst them.
      • Jul 16, 2012
        You seem to have an anger issue, here let me pimpslap it out of you.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • May 14, 2011
          They changed it. Too many questions were being asked about where the 250 $15 a month donations were going.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 20, 2012
            Wait... Is PF a for profit organization? I mean I had always taken "donate" and "community" to mean a non-profit based organization... Not trying to stir up trouble, just kind of... I guess confused/surprised??
          • May 14, 2011
            They take non of it for themselves. I guess they are just storing nuts for the winter.
          • Feb 14, 2012
            Costs an absolute fuckload of money to maintain a game server's bandwidth costs and even more to service / upgrade it. Storing up is never a bad idea.
          • May 14, 2011
            Inb4 brian stops the conspiracy theories.
          • Feb 14, 2012
            I hear if you tag him three times in a single post he appears and bans your ass into the seventh layer of hell.
            • Like x 1
            • Funny x 1
            • Winner x 1
            • Informative x 1
            • Artistic x 1
            • Feb 18, 2011
            • Dec 6, 2011
              We strive to have the best servers out there, so that means it costs quite a bit of money to keep them running. Whenever possible, we try to upgrade our equipment whenever we can, so it's not like there's $100k sitting in a Swiss bank account for Brian to use on his hookers and masseuses when he takes his bi-annual vacations out to Europe.

Now to stay on topic, you also need to remember that people stay in the admin group sometimes, even after their subscription is over (or so I've seen), so my guess is a better half of 200.
            • Jun 20, 2012
              Oh so does PF run it's own dedicated servers??? Like it doesn't outsource (I never even thought about it lol)
            • Jul 16, 2012
              Whoever is in management does all the work for PF. No outsourcing. Non profit as well.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              Three of them support our infrastructure.

Brian is the current accountant. Before that was Ray :neutral:, and prior to that was ck27 / Aceros, prior to that was Brian.
            • Sep 9, 2012

there's over 9,000!!!!!!!
            • Jun 4, 2006
              lol not sure where you got this (Steam group I presume), but that can't be right. Just took a quick took and we barely have 200 total subs, vast majority of which are donators. The admin steam group, SB, admin forum group, etc.. are clearly very outdated :shame: - some spring cleaning is needed.

Actually it was changed because the addon that displays members in groups like that has no support for caching, nor is it optimized, it eats up CPU/FPM resources on EACH page load and was killing the webserver. I disabled the large groups and made it LSA+ only and it fixed the issue. Still waiting for the original author to update it with everything that people have been requesting.
              Stops you, you mean? You're the only one making shit up on the forums... I highly suggest you never do that here regardless of what it is. If you have no idea what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut. This goes to everyone... sorry if this sounds a bit brash, your little presumption was pretty innocent/harmless despite you stating it so confidently as fact, could be taken as a joke, and I'm mainly using it as a poor example, but we've had incidents in the past where people say this or that (pulling it out of their ass of course), other people take it for fact, and it leads to problems... in the past this was rarely internal, always with other communities. Ever wonder why ZE was being DDOS'd daily for a while? It was another community and some random individual completely unassociated with PF said some shit on their forums and they took it as fact. It was a complete fabrication and we got rammed up the ass for it. So please, don't do this shit in ANY form unless you have a damn good idea what you're talking about. /end mini rant

Anyway I don't know the official admin number and I'm not about to go count but if your friend said 300, and you said anything less than that, then hurray you won.

Please direct all further inquires to Haplo
              • Like Like x 1
                Brian, Sep 9, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Sep 10, 2012
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.