Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

K-1 Kickboxing and other combat sports

Discussion in Sports started by Benvolio, Apr 18, 2012

Does PF follow any combat sports?

K-1 2 vote(s) 18.2%
MMA 7 vote(s) 63.6%
Boxing 2 vote(s) 18.2%
Other (traditional Muay Thai, point Karate, etc. etc.) 3 vote(s) 27.3%
"Combat Sports" disgust me 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mar 4, 2012
    Does anyone follow K-1? Anyone on here ever heard of K-1?

I don't really follow any of the newer fighters because I'm not happy with some of the rule changes since the early 2000's but there a lot of good fights and fighters from back in the day.

What does PF watch to fulfill its blood lust for controlled violence?

I'm not a fan of the UFC as it is now. Pride was way better, in fighters and rules. I'm not a huge fan of fighting in a cage. Fighting in the ring just seems to be classier, more traditional.

The first few minutes of this video shows some pretty good K-1 and Pride knockouts.

2. Feb 5, 2012

I do Tae Kwan Do! :3
  3. Jan 12, 2012
    ^ Says I do tie kwon do fails to spell it taekwondo
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 14, 2008
      From time to time I follow UFC and boxing, I do boxing myself.
    • Feb 5, 2012
    • Jan 21, 2011
    • Jan 12, 2012
      My face after i saw that zzzzzz_by_deimos2-d28d4fm
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Splelliungz iz mure iponmortantntanttnant thurnnnan u tink
    • Jan 12, 2012
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Apr 7, 2012
        Cro Cop just signed to a 3 fight contract with K-1.

I don't know how to feel.

I would love to see another match with Aerts, but otherwise CC is over the hill and will lose to any up and comer.

Pride was not better than current UFC. Nostalgic value yes.... but smaller one dimensional completion most of who where roided the fuck out.
      • Apr 7, 2012
        How about instead of a chance of us all arguing, I just change my post to say "tae kwan do" ^ _ ^
      • Aug 18, 2006
        I personally don't follow any, but the martial arts have always interested me, I may learn some in the future.
      • Jan 22, 2012

this fight is old and has been cut down and both guys are washed up but its fuckin brutal. look at this guy at the end hes FUCKED UP! and pride is not better than the current ufc but where do u think all these fighters came from?? a lot of ppl from pride and wec came to ufc thats the only reason y its better. pride in its prime was fuckin awesome. but for sum reason i think jon jones is gonna roll up rashad this weekend.
      • Mar 4, 2012
        He should definitely retire already. He's just too old.

I still enjoyed Pride more. Just the show they put on, the cards they could come up with, the open-weight (and other) tournaments, soccer kicks to the head, the prefight footage they would show. I could go on and on.

And I don't really know how I feel about K-1 now. I haven't seen too many fights but it just seems so much more static (movement wise) than in previous years.

And when I say movement I mean footwork.
        Benvolio, Apr 19, 2012 Last edited by Benvolio, Apr 19, 2012