Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Kewl new starcraft ze map, you might want to check out

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Psycho Mantis, Mar 31, 2012

1. Mar 31, 2012
    http://www.gamebanana.com/csszm/maps/164708
    Its based on starcraft. A zerg hive has infested the city centre and a new breed of hunter-killer hybrids are being hatched. Cts must radio for helicopter extraction before ghosts calling in a tactical nuke :smile:
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    The layout from the screenshots is really confusing. Not to mention the level is really dark..
  3. Mar 31, 2012
    Well its set at night time in winter so its supposed to be dark. Its similar to atix. A helicopter flys around the perimeter of the city square and cts must climb up the ladders while holding of the zerg (zombies). Each round lasts around 4 minutes
  4. Nov 29, 2010

No.

The music is not needed for the map, in fact I found the music rather annoying. The textures need to be reworked and there is very little incentive to go to the objective since the map just dumps you on a point of the map, and I have no idea where to go.

To me this looks more like a ZM map with a lot of illegal spots. Your friend did a better job than me with the modeling of the map, but the textures are bland and ugly to look at and the map is way to short to be a ZE map

Don't even get me started on the "Starcraft theme"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 31, 2012
      The music has now been changed to something a little more mellow and ambient. plus the zerg hive has been re textured
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I actually ran into this post by kaemon which I think you should definitely read if you are going to put music in your map. It gives players the option to toggle music for themselves.
    • Mar 31, 2012
      hmmm. looks a bit too technical, plus he'd have to recompile
      thanks anyway

edit: lol i don't see how anyone could dislike the new music in this map
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Too technical?! All you have to do is add a "#" :razz: But yeah, a recompile would be required. Just something to keep in mind if there's an update

And as for the music, I haven't listened to it in this version, but I remember downloading an older version of this map a few months ago and I though the music was great :smile:
    • Jan 11, 2011
      LoL... I'm a big Starcraft fan; but when I saw this submission on Gamebanana I didn't recognize it as being SC-Based. XD
      Now that I read this thread, and look at it again; I do recgonize what is a Zerg Hive... But man... XD
    • Mar 31, 2012
      Yeah i understand the buildings are not futuristic enough, feel free to edit it your self (if you want). Theres a lack of starcraft maps, and metal gear solid maps (theres one my friend just uploaded one on gamebanana, its in alpha though). I just dread the day someone makes a my little pony map though lol XD
      http://www.gamebanana.com/csszm/maps/164841
    • Mar 31, 2012