Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Keyboards

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Ghost, Jul 26, 2012

More important for gaming?

Mouse 9 vote(s) 75.0%
Keyboard 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Monitor 3 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well this is just a general discussion about keyboards. I am not going to get one but im sure some people will so this is just to say which keyboard is best.

I personally would like to find out the benefits of a mechanical keyboard over a silicon dome one. And I don't mean the benefits they list to promote them, I mean actual first person experience.

Well I personally own the Logitech G510, mainly cause I'm a Logitech fan boy, but I have to say, its a really nice keyboard and has never me any trouble so I recommend it. I have never had software/driver issues and the screen is a nice addition. I can display mumble chats and also gives me RAM and CPU usage which is one of my main uses for it.

Say what you think.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    I've had a G110 and two G510s, both were overpriced piece of shits. The inward dome keys were awful to type with, the keys weren't laser cut so they faded and my laptop has a better feel with its scissor types. I'm using a ultrathin logitech illuminated keyboard at the moment and it has serious ghosting issues which was purposely designed by Logitech so you buy their G series keyboard. Mechanical keyboards such as DAS are amazing with different switch options and they have a solid feel to them. Not to mention, they don't wear out like their silicone brethren.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm going to have to go with urjak on this one, I had the Logitech G15, and that thing was terrible. It was poorly made, the keys wore out easily, and you have to FULLY push them down to get them to register, even if they were brand new. What Conker talked me into was the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical keyboard, and I've never looked back since. Just the sheer weight of it, gives you the feeling that this thing is pretty damn durable (and it is). Being mechanical, they have quick response, and each key is individually lit by a single LED, unlike the Logitech keyboards. The keys are coated in a rubber-like coating to give you grip while typing as well. I've had many boards in the past, but this is probably the only one I've been able to type this fast on, maybe on level with the default Dell keyboard that's perfectly flat and small as hell, but that's obviously because it's flat. The 3 levels of lighting plus the 1 level of pulse lighting is also very calm on the eyes, even in complete darkness. I don't think there's a "best mouse" or "best keyboard" out there, since everybody has their own tastes, but this one is definitely up there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 26, 2011
      Logitech Gaming Keyboard g15 and Logitech Gaming mouse and G35 headset from Logitech.
    • Jun 23, 2010
      Gotta say mouse. I can use almost any keyboard and doesn't bother me. But ever since I got my Corsair K90 Mechanical keyboard, I LOVE IT. My old keyboard was the G15 v1 and it served me well, just needed to upgrade :razz:

But I gotta say, This Mechanical keyboard is a good investment if you don't want to push each key all the way in. Plus with the key to disable that "Windows" button, helps a lot :razz:
    • Jul 16, 2012
      In all honesty, the mouse is what makes a good player in CSS, followed by headset then monitor. You could use a 10$ keyboard from Walmart or Target and still do just as good as someone with a 100-200$ keyboard if your skill is the same.

My setup :
      Turtlebeach EarForce X12s (Xbox series, too poor to by Megaladons ): )
      Razer Naga (Blue) - Play WoW primarily so the extra keybinds help, but the mouse is amazing for CSS as well.
      As for my keyboard it's so old I don't even know lol, according to Win.7's control panel it's a USB compliant keyboard lol, had it for damn-near 6 years D:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Razer DeathAdder 3500 Mouse
      Logitech G35 Headset
    • Feb 18, 2011
      I've got that...but because for some retarded reason I can't get my mic to work at all while that is connected I am stuck using my Logitech G110, Which don't get me wrong is a pretty decent keyboard but it doesn't have as good of a feel when typing on it compared to a Blackwidow.

Edit:
      Keyboard: Logitech G110
      Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3500
      Headset: Razer Carcharias
    • Sep 18, 2011
      I think mouse + pad is very important. And also reaction time is important too.

Keyboard : MS sidewinder X4
      Mouse : Logitech G500
      Headset: Astro A40
    • Mar 19, 2011
      I'm thinking about purchasing a Blackwidow Ultimate and damn they had a sale on them for $70 on Amazon... fuck I'm broke though >.<

I was also looking into the Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate, there's a ton of great reviews.

I really need a better keyboard.. anything is better than this shitty dell keyboard I am currently using.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I find the keyboard only comes into play if you're using it to record macros. You can play most games on a shitty came with your computer keyboard but a shitty mouse will literally spell death for you.