Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Kick Spectators on a Full Server

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by ninjablooper, Apr 5, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 14, 2011
    Some of us would actually want to join and play- even as a zombie. People spectating are just ruining that for us. Yes I understand some admins need to make sure no hacking or anything happens, but if there are 5 regular clients just wasting space, they should be kicked. Also, what happened to the 4 hidden slots?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      They do get kicked. The 4 hidden slots were being abused by non-donators - this was a side effect of a change that wasn't intended. Fixed that shit right up, now only donators+ can actually join a full server, and not regular players.
    • Apr 4, 2012
      last night i saw 13 specators on zespace. Pissed me off
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Was it at the beginning of a map? Usually an LSA will do @clearafks near the middle of a map (to allow users to join, download the map if they have to, etc), but warn them to join a team first.
    • Dec 2, 2011
      @clearafk
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Should be LSA+, if it isn't we've got problems.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 9, 2012
        You don't need to worry about that. Nobody is allowed to do that command anyways unless they were assigned for it.
        and yes ninja i know people are trying to join the server and there are people in spectate who aren't playing (but aren't afk). I get complaints from some people in my friend list as well saying they keep getting kicked or they can't join. There's really nothing to do about it, they accepted their choice that they can live without buying donator status for the server. It's also a way for the server to rake in more money and with more money, the server can improve even more.
        Honestly, $10 for 2 months of access to the server without much interuption is a great deal. Give up 1 or 2 orders of fast food and you have enough money to subscribe for 2 months. For those that have no way to pay besides their parents, it's sorta too bad but there are other options...some of us do host events for free donators. Just keep a lookout on the forums or some announcements sometimes. Or if anything, ask a friend that has paypal if you can use his 10 bucks and you can just pay him 10 dollars in cash. u can tell him that he can buy it for u.
      • May 27, 2008
        It really is. We can't always cater to your needs. If you are against buying donor, so be it. Enjoy your hour long wait. It's not in the least bit hard to set aside pocket change and save up for it.
      • Mar 19, 2012
        We should NOT have to pay to have fun on this server. That is what PC gaming is all about.. Kicking AFK for donator slots makes perfect sense, but what's bugging me is when I wait for 30 mins to join, Get ingame, wait as zombie, finally next round starts, KICKED FOR DONATOR SLOT....... I got kicked 3 times for donators in a row... Why is this ok?
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Are you supporting the servers? No? Thanks.
        • Zing! Zing! x 4
        • Jul 28, 2011
          The thing is, if no one paid, there wouldn't be any fun servers
        • Nov 29, 2010
          Servers are not free you know. Although we try our best to appeal to our players, we still need to cater to paying the server bills.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 19, 2012
            This is the kind of mentality that gets servers killed. Yea helping the server you love is great but when your forcing us to play to have a reasonably good expirience, It seems like a dick move like we see coming from EA...

Edit: Don't think I am saying donating is a bad thing. Donations DO pay for the server and anyone who enjoys a service like yours should chip in a few bucks every now and then to help out. I simply think that donators shouldnt have the power to affect other peoples fun. Whether that be nominating shit maps over and over or getting players kicked because they are more important. Donations shouldn't be about that. Cool skins and a jump boost are fine because they don't affect anyone else.
          • Feb 9, 2012
            the thing is, you don't HAVE to pay to have fun in the server. Donators get a free entry in because they DID pay to support the server so in a way they DO deserve to play without interuption. Not everyone in spectator is afk, some are just chatting with others or are just watching the game because they don't want to play or they don't feel like it because they're tired or something and don't want t leave. We have an afk manager that automatically sends people to spectate after a certain amount of time without moving. we also occasionally have a lead admin coming in to clear spectators as well.

But like i said, you don't need to pay to have fun on this server, there are many who play on the server who don't donate and they enjoy their time here. You paid to get the game, and you come to the server for free. If anything it's basically like any other free to play games. The server hosters have to pay money to keep it running, and can only hope that people are willing to buy something from them or donate to them so that they can keep the server/game free to others who CAN'T pay.

If nobody paid to keep the server running, eventually it'd be shut down. You should be happy there are so many people donating because this means it keeps the server free to play for others.
          • May 27, 2008
            If you aren't supporting the server, you are subject to being kicked for someone who helps PAY to keep it RUNNING. We're not forcing anyone. It's a perk for people who actually give a shit and want to see us around.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Whoa buddy, it isn't your RIGHT to play on our servers either, they're PRIVATE, plague fest is a PRIVATE organization & community, this website is PRIVATE, we can banish you from it at any time for any reason. It is a PRIVILEGE to play on our servers. We can only do so much to alleviate slots and allow everyone to play, but when you have a really popular server that everyone wants to play on, there's not a lot you can do. Tired of getting kicked? Get donator, support the server & enjoy a hassle free experience. Don't want to get donator & support the server? Sorry, you're just gonna have to deal with it or find another server... Donator would be rather valueless if players couldn't join a full server when they wanted to.
              • Agree Agree x 7
              • Like Like x 1
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Mar 19, 2012
                I believe that by playing in the server, you are supporting it.
              • May 27, 2008
                Well your thought process is obviously obscure.
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Jun 4, 2006
                  No, you're playing there because you either enjoy the map, the players, the server, the environment, the ping, all of the above, none of the above, whatever. You being in our server does not directly help us pay the bills, progress or purchase hardware upgrades... you contribute to the slot count which is great, and of course there wouldn't be a server without the players, so they have their part which is huge, but to think you're on a high horse and are entitled to shit just because you play there and do nothing else? Please... we love our regulars but we can't accommodate every single aspect to where every single player, donator or not, is happy. Really isn't very plausible... sacrifices have to be made somewhere.
                  • Agree Agree x 4
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.