Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

kicking chronic afker's

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ablanantanalba, May 25, 2011

1. Apr 13, 2011

I frequently play on the ZE server and check the players list very often.
    I've noticed that there are sometimes people who sit in spectate for several maps in a row without any activity whatsoever.
    When I attempt to talk to them, they are silent.

Normally, I do not have a problem with these people.
    However, when the server reaches maximum capacity and I see 3 chronic spectators taking slots up, I feel angry and want to take action.
    I've been advised by several higher admins not to kick these afker's, but that seems counter intuitive.

How can we solve this problem of chronic afkers in full servers?
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    If the server is full they shouldn't be able to take up slots (Unless if something is wrong with AFKMan).

EDIT: I see the issue. Thanks!
  3. Apr 26, 2011
    what I do when the servers are full i put out a warning in admin chat I will be kicking afk spectators...once I do this I pm each individual one and ask for them to say anything in public chat so that I can confirm they are not afk. If i get no response I kick them with the reason being "afk"
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Are we allowed to kick spectators if the server is full?

The short answer is No. We want active participation in the game but we also want to maintain a full server at the same time. In order to achieve both goals, pF sells donor packages which comes with reserved slots. We want to promote and encourage users to purchase a donor package which allows them to connect even when the server is full. Kyle has also implemented an automated method of removing AFK spectators on full servers so it is not necessary to manually kick anyone. Admin and Donors are exempt from being removed while in AFK spectate.

Admins can read the entire FAQ here.
  5. Apr 26, 2011
    I have still yet to see this actually happen. Which is why I kick the afk players (not donators / admins)
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    Admins not following policy will be punished for admin abuse, so please follow the rules.
  7. Apr 13, 2011
    I would never kick an afk donator, it's simply frustrating to me seeing the same person sit in spectate 4 maps in a row and then the server becomes full and normal people cannot connect because of the d-bag who's been sitting in spectate the last 4 maps.
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    If there is an issue with the afk kicker, it needs to be brought to our attention and not circumvent the posted rules. Based Kyle's earlier post he may have identified an issue with the afk kicker that may not have functioned at 100% efficiency. Based on his effectiveness, I am sure it will be resolved quickly if not already done so.
  9. Feb 20, 2011
    I must have bad timing because I've never seen it kick in, the server can be full, there will be 10+ Spectators, some of my friends are screaming at me on Steam chat to kick some AFK spectators so they can get in, while I sit there, apologizing saying my hands are tied.

I think the timer needs to be shortened, because often I see the same spectators sit there for hours. And they aren't donators.

Also, is it silent? I haven't seen a message ever on the console saying "Kicked for being AFK"
  10. Apr 26, 2011

All i'm saying is i have yet to see this system kick afk players on full servers...that being said I've also told it was fine by other Momo or Akademikz before that as long as I personally ask them if they are afk it's fine to kick them if I get no response on a full server
  11. May 27, 2008

You will definitely get in trouble. As stated, if there is a problem with the way the automated system does it, bring it to attention.
  12. Apr 26, 2011
    can do...sorry for the issue I just wanted to know which way was correct
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    If it's evident something has run a muck (and it's something I've written). Do let me know either on Steam or the forums and be direct with what the issue is ("IT DUN WARK" is not a good reason, I certainly will not look into it). If I'm not online, and you're certain something has gone terribly wrong... inform me or an LSA as soon as possible and then by all means do try and rectify the situation.

In this case, it was an under complexity issue (I didn't account for servers to not be using the slot manager). Do note it will not kick anyone if they've been connected for 11minutes and 6 seconds. This is by design. If there are no spectators, no one will be kicked.

The version with this fixed (hopefully) is 1.2 (I haven't tested it, but it's on all the servers so.........). Check via sm plugins to see which version the server is running (Note: It will take a map change to load the new plugin).

Cheers.
  14. Apr 13, 2011
    So you're saying that afk spectators won't be kicked as long as they've been connected for 11mins6 seconds?
    Or are you saying that 11 mins 6 seconds is afk spectate limit?
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    Oops. Typo. If they have not been connected for 11 minutes and 6 seconds, and they're in spectate. They will not be kicked.

These three conditions have to be met in order for a kick to occur.
    1.) Player Count has to be above the visible max threshold.
    2.) There has to be people in Spectate.
    3.) The people in spectate have to have been connected for longer then 11 minutes and 6 seconds, and not be a donor.
  16. Apr 26, 2011
    thank you for that clarification...I was about to post that question as well
  17. Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks for fixing this problem! I bet this will greatly improve the situation.
    Also, is there any reason why the minimum idle time is 666 seconds? :razz:
  18. Feb 24, 2011
    In my personal opinion I think we should get the autokick going. Set it for players that sit in spectate for longer than 15 min, maybe 20, but have it to where it will never kick a donor or an admin. That being said people shouldn't be able to just sit in spec for forever because they don't wanna play that map, etc.
  19. Jun 4, 2006
  20. Apr 9, 2007
    No worries. If it isn't fixed (I can't really test), do let me know.

Kicking people is evil @:<