Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

kicking players for disrespecting admins?

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by blahdude10, Jun 5, 2011

1. May 7, 2011
    there's been a lot of people disrespecting a lot of admins including me
    This is starting to piss me off.. sorry for the language but i cant help

people's been telling me to do such and such and i've been kicking a lot of them for a major disrespectful comments towards me..

is it wrong for me to kick players for disrespecting me?

because they keep threatening to that they will report me for admin abuse...

is it considered admin abuse??
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    Here is your answer directly from PF's Golden Rules.

11. Do not disrespect or interfere with admins doing their jobs.
    This includes arguing with admins regarding their decision on things.
    Punishment: Warn -> Mute/Gag -> Temporary Ban(1hour to 1day length)
    Note: If you disagree with a certain admin's actions, post about it on our forums and let us know.

Might wanna review the rules just in case. :smile:
  3. Jun 6, 2011
    nick [-HOT-] Temporary Ban (?????day) :unsure:
  4. Feb 1, 2010
    They are some noob admins that desirve to be called noob. [IMG]
  5. Mar 31, 2010
  6. Feb 1, 2010
  7. Mar 31, 2010
  8. May 15, 2011
    I'm too lazy to find it but I do remember a a rule stating that their should be no disrespecting of admins or players.

So we should be a little more uptight about people getting in retarded fights to? Like with other players?
  9. Jul 14, 2008
    Usually you would step in If you see things are being blown out of proportion.
  10. Sep 14, 2008
    Well there was an issue yesterday with a player named Irony who disrespected admins. I kicked him and I stand by my decision. He should be happy I didn't ban him for the rest of the day for his crappy attitude. If someone is being a jerk on the server, then kick them after you warn them of course. :smile:
  11. Feb 20, 2011
    I banned a guy just yesterday for doing it.

Did a crude imitation of a British accent everytime I spoke,
    I asked him to stop it, he carried on.
    I muted him, he rejoined and continued this impression.
    I kicked him, he rejoined and continued this impression.
    Sweet, delicious Banhammer.

Usually I dont mind banter, but that guy was being a complete and total dick.
  12. Feb 1, 2011
    Players are always going to talk shit, including towards the admins. At the same time, you get those guys that simply like to spread hate and want to piss you off. Some join the game with the goal of angering an admin enough to get a kick or a ban out of it.

Like Secondary and others said, this falls under rule #11 and you don't have to put up with it! Use your judgement from case to case - I take a lot of flack from players with a smile on my face, but I won't deal with flat out disrespect / trolling.
  13. May 7, 2011
    Soo i have the right to kick players that disrespect right? :razz:
    cause a lot of ppl disrespect and cuss at me for kicking them, slapping them, and freezing them for being on illegal spots -__-x
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    Yes, but this doesn't mean you need to kick every player that calls you a name. Make sure you know the difference between disrespect and trash talking, a lot of people don't.
  15. May 15, 2011
    Quite right. I get told I'm a flaming douche constantly for applying the rules and so does every other admin. I think you just need to ignore it for the most part. Unless it continues for more than... I don't know, a minute? Then they're crossing the line. Then you can slap them silly. I mean kick them silly.
  16. Oct 10, 2010
    i played now since years on css zm, and learned to ignore the kiddies who spam me in chat
    with bad words ...

its probably more useful

but when they start this in mic, i will mute them
  17. Feb 1, 2010
    I was thinking the same. You dont need immediately start raging and start kicking people.
  18. Oct 10, 2010
    if i would not ignore them we have a 24/7 empty server

just only in special cases kick/ban them, when its pretty hard and personally
  19. Sep 6, 2010
    True, some people would try to aggravate admins on the server. Make sure you warn then before kicking (in chat is mandatory, over mic is optional). Actually works good if you do both: in chat and over mic.
  20. Apr 13, 2011
    I'm going to make a guide for dealing with trolls on the servers.
    It is one of my favorite activities.