Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Kill some maps? Remove Respawning?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ChenVT, Nov 5, 2007

1. Oct 21, 2007
    Since the server switched to zombie respawn as opposed to human respawn, has there been any routine consideration of removing some maps? This server does a great job through the work of its admins to ensure that there's no cheap spots where a single human can overcome coordinated zombies. For example: banning vent/tube camping, putting teleporters at appropriate cheap spots,

However, there's some maps where I pray to god I'm the first one turned into zombie because it's a smorgasbord of humans to stab. Plus, I seem to notice that when some maps come up, a lot of people, including myself, tend to a) go to another server or B) go into spectator mode. A couple of maps that I can think of that I feel fall into this category are nippers, night (the one with a strip-mall type building), and that one office where there's maybe 1 room to hide in and you have to shoot hte conference table up there.

Also, on most other servers I've seen, when there's zombie spawn, after you kill the zombie, they stay dead and dont' respawn at all. Any thoughts about this? Yes, I understand that the first problem of this is that it means some people get less play time and the first zombies can be at a disadvantage. However, the rounds aren't that long and I've seen it at other places help encourage more zombie hunting. In regards to the first zombies, the round either ends quickly, or if you're the first zombie, it's fun to go into a pack of humans and then "create" more friends. Ever been the sole zombie and then quickly turn the tide by stabbing a few players? It's one of the things that makes zombie mod so great. Things can turn so quickly.

The way things are on plaguefest, you find a spot and camp until the round is over. I think some of my most thrilling zombie-mod moments were when there was 5 or so humans and zombies left, and both sides gunning for eachother. Also makes it pretty entertaining from a spectator standpoint to watch this.

Again, these are just my thoughts. I think this is overall the best server I've been on and I plan to continue playing on it.
  2. Feb 3, 2007
    Thanks for the support and your suggestions Chenvt. Lets go over them:

#1: We considered that option if you die as a zombie you stay dead.. But its not as fun as what we have right now.. Its challenging and yet not boring since we decreased the round time.

#2: About the map library.. I will be going over them soon as i have more time since work is killing me and i will be removing some bad maps and also adding some new good maps so overall adding them all to the public librabry list and also adding back the good old classic maps to the same public library list ^^

That should boost up the fun not only for you but for everybody else... Hope this reply helped you a bit ChenVT ^^