Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Killing Floor.

Discussion in Future Servers started by Kyron The Wise, Sep 19, 2011

1. Apr 29, 2011
    Now, I have no idea how exactly you would set up, manage, or generally do anything with it, but a Killing Floor server would be cool. Not one of those 6 person KF servers, but a 30+ one. I mean, come on! It has zambies, is a really popular game, and would probably bring in a lot of people. Only a suggestion.
  2. Jan 5, 2007
    Might actually give me a reason to justify why I bought the game. lol
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    I vote for a BF3 server :razz:
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    I actually tried putting up a small private KF server for us when people in mumble were playing it, but that never worked out. Also going above that cap might prove more difficult than you think. I can't remember what the issues were though... but I have absolutely no interest expanding to KF. There's not a lot there to work with... :confused:
  5. Jun 22, 2011
  6. Apr 29, 2011
    As I said, I have no clue about anything involving server setup or related matters on KF. Only reason I'm posting this is because of the sheer amount of fun I had on Element's KF server, and thought that the only way it could be better is if it had more capacity. And I don't know why I put 30, I meant to put 24. Derp. I've seen a couple a 24 person servers out there, but when I try to play on them, the inevitable trollfag comes on. First time I saw one I instinctively started typing out the ban command, before I remembered that it wasn't a pF server.
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    Incredible lag

massive waves of zombies and not enough ammo

people would be getting steamrolled left and right with 60 fleshpounds at once
  8. Jan 12, 2011
    The key thing in any KF match is teamwork. The players need to work together and delegate responsibilities amongst each other. Berserker, Support or whatever need their roles and loadouts specified to help the team. Additionally weapon balancing and ammo management is very important. The lag is relative depending on internet speed, hardware speed, and location of the server.

Things to remember for a server with more than 6 players:
    Beyond 6 players disables local perk use and leveling. You will not be able to bring your level 6 perks to the game and obviously can't level them.
    Enemies numbers and toughness will scale up rapidly depending on player number, and might even scale higher than can be beaten.
    Especially with more players and enemies, weapons and ammo should be dealt out evenly, money should be shared, and people must take turns killing things or else the team will run out of ammo and die.
    When a server is made, difficulty cannot be changed on the fly. The server must be restarted to change the difficulty from normal to suicidal or whatever. Same thing goes for new maps (I think).

A Killing Floor server would be very interesting, but managing one that large would be difficult. Also, I have no idea how many resources that would require (obviously depending on difficulty, map, etc.). For now, what works is to ask a few people who you know play KF and plan a server meet sometime. Usually I, rxn, and a few others like to play when we're all online at the same time. Just keep an eye out for us and we can play.
  9. Feb 17, 2011
    i'm for it! bring on the true zombienisim to pF!
  10. Jun 11, 2011
    Cant you just be happy with element's server Kyron? :unsure:
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    He'll have to be, we're not putting one up. :confused:
  12. Aug 20, 2011
  13. May 27, 2008
    >Minecraft server would be cool
    >is a really popular game
    >>Server generally has an active count of 3-10 people.
  14. Apr 29, 2011
    Gungame is regualary at ZERO players, yet its still there. And impulse,my only problem with Elements server is you only play Doom on it.

Anyways, bad idea, forget I said it. I was unaware of the problems involved with settig up a KF server.
  15. Jan 12, 2011
    We've discussed GG many times before and really it's there to offer something else. Sometimes we'll plan a GG night and have fun. It just depends on who and when.

Don't feel discouraged about suggesting other servers. People like suggestions and that's how things expand.

Also, if you want to play KF on something other than Doom, I can check with rxn to see if he still has a rented server. He has lots of custom maps on there and it runs pretty well.