Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Knife KB

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Detonator, Mar 6, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 25, 2010
    People are abusing the kb on the knife in ze. I have seen some players on some occassions knife zombies onto humans, and they are ruining the game for everyone. It is also hard to see who did what to enforce a rule agaisnt it. And unlike zm, knifing a zombie onto humans affects large numbers of people. I believe that it should be removed.
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    or maybe just reduced? I have yet to see this on ZE tho, only on atix
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    Reducing it makes it still possible to abuse it.
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Just reduced knife knockback multiplier to normal gun knockback - 1.0. It was at 4.5.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    yea that knife kb shit isn't really needed on ZE...
  7. Feb 1, 2010
    Pls reduce on ZM. There are some fags doing same on zm servers!
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    Aw come on Google - I'm not an avid zombie-knifer, but I always laugh when I see this happen. It also doesn't happen very often - only on very open maps like unpanic and roy_highway. And even then, it is a rare occurrence since most humans want to shoot zombies, and most zombies want to kill humans.

I do agree that it should not be used on atix for early nuke, however. While it is funny and all when everyone yells "WTF" because they got nuked out of nowhere - knifing a zombie up there is a blatant exploit of the map / game mechanics (knife knockback) and should always be enforced as illegal.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    Depends if they're actually working with the zombies or not, like if the zombie knows the human is doing it and the zombie isn't getting the human. If they're just doing it for fun (and risking becoming a zombie) and they so happen to launch one into another human (on accident or other), then that's a different story.
  11. Mar 3, 2011
  12. Sep 6, 2010
    Saw this being done on ZM rarely and usually without wanted results (launched zombie kills humans).
  13. Jan 12, 2011
    Unintentional griefing? It happens occasionally and while I hope people feel bad about it (I do), I can't help but laugh because it's hilarious to get a result you didn't expect that affects a different band of humans when you meant to send the zombie somewhere else. Damn trajectories and physics... :razz:

Actually come to think of it, I think a game of dodgeball involving teams of humans launching zombies into each other would be awesome. Have teams divide up into squads that stand on large moving platforms and have the zombies stand somewhere around the edge to be launched at other squads. While how to keep score or label victorious squads is beyond me, I think this could be an interesting variant of ZM. :grin:

Edit: Not trying to change topic, just thought of something as I replied.
  14. Jul 14, 2010
    We already came to the decision that knifing zombies is OKAY on ZM (Except on ATIX since glitching the nuke = glitching = against the rules = ban) but most of the admins agreed on keeping it for ZM and making it legal.
  15. Sep 25, 2010
    This topic is about ze and nothing else and has been solved. As penguin said the above issues has been discussed already. Please lock.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.