Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Knife Maniac Award?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by chickenfoot, Dec 19, 2013

1. Oct 8, 2013
    I was wondering how the Knife Maniac award is obtainable.
    Do you slash zombies?
    Do you goomba stomp zombies while holding a knife?

Could someone please explain to me how this is achievable?
  2. Jan 30, 2013
    Killing zambies with the knife enough times (to beat out the current holder of the day) is how you obtain it. Also I think goomba killing them with the knife out counts as a knife kill (which would count towards it as well), though I don't play zm a lot, so I'm not sure there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      RedM00N was exactly right, goomba stomp with whatever weapon you have out gives you that kill.
    • Feb 3, 2012
      It would be harder on ZE as the goomba stomp plug in isn't enabled.
    • May 31, 2012
      But you can get the easy knife kills on paranoid if you win :grin:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Yea you can easily rack up your knife kills easily by doing this.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        @Kyle would it be possible to have goomba stomp be its own weapon similar to zombie_claws_of_death? ( e.g, SetEventString(event, "weapon", "goomba_stomp"); ).

I could then define it as a unique weapon on the stats with its own points modifier so you can see how many goomba stomps someone has gotten and players will be awarded a more accurate point value for goomba stomping (unless we think 2.00 is fine, but IMO goomba stomping is easier than knifing a zombie to death as a human, and knifing a human as a zombie will not result in getting knife kills, but rather zombie claw kills, which have a much lower point modifier (0.50) as they're easy to get). The knife weapon on the other hand has a point modifier of 2.00. When calculating how many points the killer gets, the equation is Killer Points + (Victim Points / Killer Points) x Weapon Modifier x 5

So if if I have 2000 points, and I kill someone with 1000 points via goomba stomping (which again is registered as a knife kill thus uses a point modifier of 2), here's how many points I would get:

1500 + (1000 / 2000) x 2 x 5
        1500 + (0.5) x 2 x 5
        1500 + 5

5 is the amount of points I would receive. Under the same conditions, goomba stomping someone when the point modifier is say 1.00 (2x what they would get as a normal zombie kill (0.50) - we'll have to decide what point modifier value we think is good for this type of action - feel free to post suggestions) would give me this many points:

1500 + (1000 / 2000) x 1 x 5
        1500 + (0.5) x 1 x 5
        1500 + 2.5

2.5 is the amount of points I would receive with a point modifier of 1.00.

In addition to this, the number of points that the victim looses for getting goomba stomped would be less. The equation for calculating how many points a victim looses is Victim Points - (Victim Points / Killer Points) x Weapon Modifier x 5

So again plugging in our values from before (Killer has 2000 points, Victim has 1000), we get:

1000 - (1000 / 2000) x 2 x 5
        1000 - (0.5) x 2 x 5
        1000 - 5

5 points lost when goomba stomped.

1000 - (1000 / 2000) x 1 x 5
        1000 - (0.5) x 1 x 5
        1000 - 2.5

2.5 points lost when goomba stomped.

I'm not sure if gameme rounds values with decimals or just omits them in the display, but either way this is how points are calculated based on killer points, victim points, and what weapon is used. Additionally there are actions you can complete which will award bonus points (killing sprees, headshots, revenge, escaping zombies, surviving zombies, infecting all humans, etc).
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          It's possible, but that's not a present interaction (what you're suggesting).