Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

know all warnings for a player that is playing games

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by My Ringtones, Jul 21, 2011

1. Jun 25, 2011
    maybe we could step up something were we could type !zwarnes or something to see hwo many warnings a player got for his perod of playing on the server
    1 no more you never warned me bull crap
    2 and what to suspect for explame if a player puts of a spray and is warned by someone but does it later we can stop them faster with that
  2. Jan 5, 2007
    Not really needed, since a warning is only issued if they're breaking a rule. Then if they ignore the warning, or later that night are found doing the same thing again, they are given a kick or a ban from the server depending on what it was they did. If people have an issue with it and claim that they were never warned, we can just post logs of the admin issuing the warning. That's why all admins are to issue warning via chat, otherwise if a player contests it then it makes the admin look bad.
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    2. That's why I personally take a screenshot of every illegal spray as and when I warn/kick/ban.

Someone that persistent at breaking rules is gonna fuck up sooner rather than later! A system like the one you propose merely encourages punishments to verge on abuse;

"Oh, I see this person's been warned 5 times, for different things, all quite spaced out... it should really be just a 3strike thing so... BAN"
  4. Jul 14, 2008
    Sounds too complicated for both management and technical wise to write a plugin for that.

If a player wants to argue their position direct them to the forums which is easier.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    Though concerning sprays, I've seen a plugin on some gmod DR servers that shows the name and steamid of the person who sprayed each spray. It would make it easier to figure out who's using an illegal spray.

That is, unless you have some super secret method i don't know about.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    We do....@spray....It gives name and Steam ID of the spray we are looking at.
  7. Feb 20, 2011
    Theres always the @spray command. Which shows that, The only problem is most people tend to spray over sprays they dont like, and despite repeated warnings, they keep spraying over offending sprays, you have to normally be pretty quick identifying it before the other people notice.
  8. Mar 31, 2011
    Interesting fact: the @spray command can be used by non-Admins.
  9. Jun 10, 2011
    This.

I tend to ask whoever's name that comes up to respray their spray, if it's theirs, warn, if it's not, go back and see what name I get.

Or if I don't feel like interacting with people for whatever reason I just spec the person whose name comes up and wait 'til they spray it, rinse and repeat.
  10. Feb 8, 2011
    yea i just use @spray when they just spray i just listen for the noise then go there if there is talk of an offensive spray.