Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Kuriin

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Soft Serve, Jan 23, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 8, 2013
    First off: a thing to note about the map in question: ze_inboxed. The whole map revolves around jumping repeatedly from start to finish. Doing this does not constitute an "advantage" like it would on other maps. In fact, not doing so slows you down considerably. You need to be jumping every few seconds or so due to all the bumps in the ground and blocks to climb. It's just a slog to get through, so you really want to get moving as quickly as possible right after a jump.

Now, this admin started kicking other people for bhopping, and then warned me for the same thing. Fine, I slowed down a bit on the straights and thought I was in the clear. Then, some minutes later, I longjumped to one of those extending platforms right after a hold, and was subsequently kicked. I did not bounce multiple times, or anything close to a bhop. A longjump is simply jumping towards something at an angle and strafing in mid-air. I can only assume this is the reason for the kick (even though the stated reason was "no bhopping"), but if Kuriin wants to clear up why exactly he kicked me, that would be appreciated.
  2. Dec 1, 2013
    Hey man, I'm not familiar with this specific map and it was my first time playing on it. But, both you and Polynation were caught BHopping, he actually did it more excessive hence why he was kicked first and warned. You did bhop numerous times and I did catch it on demo. The final jump that you did was ambiguous and I will admit to it that I might have overreacted, but, you did BHop even after I warned you. I'm not sure how to upload a demo here as it's too large (for that matter, to make it smaller).
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    If you need to submit a demo, I suggest you go to a place like mediafire and compress the demo a rar then upload it there. Then post the link in either the thread, or in the future for bans under comments.
  4. Feb 27, 2012
    I'd like to take a look at that Demo. Do as grape said, upload it to an external source such as Mediafire or Filedropper (filedropper you don't have to register)
  5. Dec 1, 2013
    Thanks, Grape. I'm in the process of uploading the demo to tinyupload.com

edit: @Tony the Tiger!! :grin:

Start around 80,000 (not sure what time that is). Sorry for the shit-tastic spectating. =\ I sometimes wander around to avoid lag.

http://www.filedropper.com/anothernewmap
    Post Merged, Jan 23, 2014
    @Soft Serve -- Tony viewed the demo and said that what you did not constitute bhopping. For that, I apologize profusely. Sorry. =\
    Kuriin, Jan 23, 2014 Last edited by Kuriin, Jan 23, 2014
  6. Feb 27, 2012
    Alright, after watch that demo, i definitely wouldn't call that second jump thing a bhop; i and many other do it all the time. If you would have kept hopping after that, that would have been bhopping. And you were correct, all you did at the point you got kicked was long jump.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.