Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Kyles map change

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Senya, May 24, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 5, 2012
    Ok so after convincing 38 players to rtv zm_apartment map, we were finally playing zm_unpanic(one of the decent maps)and everyone is enjoying it and having fun. Then after 2 rounds, all of a sudden kyle initiates a vote to change the map to zm_wharf, and everyone spams 1 which being yes. Like honestly is an admin even allowed to do that, we play that map almost all the time, and a small change shouldnt be the reason to test it like as if its a new map. So yah i find it very unfair that he did that.

[pF] * Sn1PeR killed [ SM ] King Midget with zombie_claws_of_death.
    Failed to load sound "ambient\zr\zr_ambience.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
    KyleS | @:< connected.
    grenshaw: ?
    Gaylord, The Druglord Overlord killed ◕‿◕LFC4L◕‿◕ with zombie_claws_of_death.
    ◕‿◕LFC4L◕‿◕: hahahaha
    [ZR] For help on Zombie:Reloaded commands, type "!zmenu" in chat.
    Player: Senya - Damage Given
    -------------------------
    Damage Given to "=(e)= CARLOS V" - 210 in 6 hits
    Damage Given to "[pF] * Sn1PeR" - 69 in 3 hits
    Player: Senya - Damage Taken
    -------------------------
    Damage Taken from "[pF] * Sn1PeR" - 15 in 1 hit
    Damage Taken from "XhYsOnG 純爺們 no sound" - 358 in 8 hits
    Damage Taken from "D3AthPr3vaiLs" - 366 in 9 hits
    Damage Taken from "(UTA) Apcx4" - 183 in 6 hits
    [ZR] is enabled, the game is Humans Vs Zombies. Run for your lives!
    Failed to load sound "ambient\zr\zr_ambience.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
    GUKO KILLZ has Connected (0:1:25714465) from United States.
    grenshaw: op is a phaggot
    KyleS | @:<: !votemap zm_wharf_pf
    [SourceMod] KyleS | @:<: Initiated a map vote.
    Gaylord, The Druglord Overlord: alt + f4 also works grenshaw
     Add our server to your favorites: zm.plaguefest.com
    [pF] * Sn1PeR: wno
    Senya: nooo
    [pF] * Sn1PeR: noo
    Senya: wtf seriously...
    [pF] * Sn1PeR: No
    Senya: after this man come on
    Spam Bot That Doesnt Spam: !ztele
    [SourceMod] Vote successful. (Received 56% of 39 votes)
    [SourceMod] Changing map to zm_wharf_pf...
    Senya: we rtv so hard to get this map
    Z.H.M loudfastrules has Connected (0:0:6534879) from United States.
  2. Mar 16, 2008
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    @AlohaMothafucka43 Kyle isn't just an admin..... He donates his free time to the community and fits in working on our servers full time with his real life and job to make sure our servers are always at 100% and are the best they can be. He does this so others can play FOR FREE, on our privately owned, awesome servers. No this isn't a kiss-ass post, this is a post telling you what Kyle actually does. The fact that he had time to come on a play should be enough to let him choose whatever map he wants to play. He initiated a vote, and people voted for it. It seems pretty fair. Shit, he might've even been testing something instead of just playing.

If it were my decision, I wouldn't care if he came on and hacked. His free time to ensure we have excellent servers should be more than enough to allow him to do whatever he likes on here.

Pretty much the same for all management.

EDIT: And it's not just when he's on his computer, he likes to link pF stuff to his phone so he can also help on the go.
    Brett, May 24, 2012 Last edited by Brett, May 24, 2012
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    Rooters are free to do whatever they want whenever they want. They are the responsables of the servers no matter if you like it or not. I am with the same opinion that is was unfair to do that but why did you guys vote on it?
  5. Jan 5, 2012
    Fair enough Brett, I'll let it slide since I enjoy this server and I appreciate the time Kyles has put in it to keep it going. Also mario you are well aware that everyone spams 1(yes),so i dont know why ur acting so oblivious. U could lock this thread.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    To clarify, both maps were New, I added them and they were being tested. While I apologize for the effort that you put forth, there was no better time for me to add/test them with players.

While I thought the vote (and you downloading the new map(s)) were enough, I'll try to make my intentions more clear next time. The zm_towers_v3 map vote was the only thing I'd question, as that was more me rigging the vote to play an older map with Secondary.

I'm going to finish watching Lethal Weapon II, as I paused it half way to test those two new maps tonight. Do not let admin abuse slide.
  7. Nov 2, 2011
    Kyle didn't changed the map because he wants it, he is actually testing 2 new maps so it can be added on the server. That is the right way of doing it, asking players first if they want to and proceed to map testing.
  8. Dec 30, 2006
    It's safe to assume you haven't encountered Brian yet.

Oh you'll be pleased beyond your dreams. :laugh:
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Please stop doing Coke, it isn't good for your heart.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    I believe Kyle was fair in his votes due to the fact he took time out of his busy schedule (aka Lethal Weapon II :cute: ) to test new maps instead of waiting for retslag to test them on Monday. We should thank him instead of getting on his ass. As far as the towers vote... people did vote yes to the vote. Although, it might be a tad bit unfair to only list towers. Would've been better if there was a list of maps :wink: In any case, people like towers and very few admins can really initiate a random map change during gameplay without a good reason. It happened and Kyle responded to it, his response is sufficient.
  11. Mar 31, 2010
    Kyle admin abuses all the fucking time. I'm sick and tired of him and his attitude, and thinking "Oh I can do whatever I want, because I'm KYLEEEE"

YOU SERIOUS? Kyle admin abusing?! I almost spat my drink out when I read this. If anything, you should be grateful that Kyle's doing so much for this community. And the reason he changed the map was to TEST it. Anyways, maybe you don't know Kyle that well (but I don't buy that -- you registered on Jan 5 + are a donor), so I won't hold a grudge against you or anything for now, but please understand that what Kyle has done for the pF community is godly, and he's a huge, if not the biggest, reason that pF has been alive and kicking for so long.

(Sorry for jumping in this thread, but I gotta admit I got a little angry reading this bullshit)
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Yall don't need to attack Aloha, if this report was about an actual level 2+ admin it would be a legit report, especially since the vote was thrown up only 2 rounds into a new map. This would clearly be seen as an admin just trying to get off a map they don't personally enjoy and onto one they do.

Thanks for taking the time to report it @AlohaMothafucka43

As there's no abuse here I'm locking this.
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    To be fair, level 2's can't do map votes like this. As far as I'm aware it's FSA which is now Level 3+. He's aware of what he was doing.
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    Originally had it up there was level 3 as that was my understanding as well, then I noticed level 2 had @votemap and couldn't recall if they could do what you did or not. Regardless though, I don't see how it makes a difference. Also an admin could easily utilize sm_vote "map name" and it would warrant the same in-game results. If I were him I could easily see myself mistaking you as just another pf admin who did a vote to change the map to something they wanted. I wouldn't be aware of any details or possible implications. I'd probably report it too. Not sure what I'm missing here if anything but I digress.
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    [SourceMod] KyleS | @:<: Initiated a map vote.
    [SourceMod] Vote successful. (Received 56% of 39 votes)
    [SourceMod] Changing map to zm_wharf_pf...

That's a dead give away it was from a vote, and not from a regular "sm_vote". Any admin can execute sm_mapvote, but again, they need a reason to do so.

I think there's a deeper issue here. @Josh @Haplo when did this change to lvl2?
  16. Apr 9, 2007
    So it's just votemap that's currently (still) set incorrectly. Momo made a thread in January about this since someone lowered it to 1, which was an error. Then you moved it to level 2 when it should have been 3.

sm_map is still at level 3, which is correct.

Thanks for the report @AlohaMothafucka43.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.