Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

L.A. Noire

Discussion in Gaming started by Jenos, May 7, 2011

1. Mar 25, 2011
    If you liked the Red Dead Redemption story and the Vice City setting you're going to love this. (Keep in mind it's not actually created by rockstar, its just being published by them.)

Basically L.A. Noire puts you in the shoes of a detective. But you don't start out instantly as one, no that's too easy, you start as patrol, then work your way up through the ranks. It's a free-roam(more linear though)/mystery/action game. Only a couple weeks until it's out (PS3, XBOX 360, and with luck eventually PC), and here's some videos:

2. Feb 1, 2010
  3. Oct 29, 2010
  4. Nov 14, 2010
    I pity companies that seem to downgrade on graphics. The level designs are fantastic, but graphics are a very important factor to me, when it comes to game play. It helps me get into the game more, and this is not a game I would get into, based off of the character detailing. Great voice-over work, but not enough BAM! Sorry.

5. Mar 25, 2011
    Well i guess it depends on what you look for in a game, rdr was graphically beautiful and its story was very good. Though i don't look for good usually because my computer sucks, even when i comes to consoles i don't. I look more for something to suck me in (EX: a very well developed story), which I'm hoping (and pretty sure) this game will do.

All personal preference though. I guess i just really like puzzles.
  6. May 12, 2011
    I think the graphics issue was because the game was mainly designed for console-gaming (most complaints about games on PC today is for this reason). Red dead redemption was fantastic on my ps3, but I wouldn't dream about buying it or L.A. Noire for PC because of the control scheme (Tom Clancy's end war sucked on PC for this reason as well). I'll just stick to buying this game on my console
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    Thank you for that very informative necro.
  8. Jul 14, 2010
    I think the game has a very nice storyline and the graphics are okay but this game is all about it's gameplay.

9. Feb 18, 2011
    I am skeptical of this game, it really seems like a ripoff of the godfather games. I mean the only diffrence in the story is its from a cop's perspective, rather than the gang members perspective.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    The game was great imho, Bought it out of spare change, but I've played a lot of it lately, how much it immerses you when you look for clues and you actually feel like you're a part of the game, making decisions, who's lying, who's not telling everything. Character detail was fantastic, every word spoken was done fluidly, their lips their emotions, every little detail you'd see a person make as they would talk you could pick up, and to add, the voicework was amazing, up there with Metal Gear Solid. They made the faces look so real that I had trouble picking out who's lying or telling the truth at times.

But, it does have some hitches, so far, it's been rather repetitive, I'm about, ohh 50% done the story and it's been the same, look for clues until music stops, then interview key people, either arrest the suspect, or get into a chase, or kill the suspect.

Sigh, the naive fail to see the beauty of the actual game.

Shut up, don't put in your two cents if you haven't tried it at all. It's little to do with gangs.
  11. May 7, 2011
    before I noticed how rude my actual comments on this game were type out, I figured that I would just make a referral of what bella said.

boooo on graphics! some of the game play looks fun though!
  12. Jun 29, 2008
    I can't believe people are downrating a game on it's graphics when they're posting on a cs:s server's forum. Graphics are just a bonus to good gameplay and/or story.

It seems like Clam is the only person who's actually played the game, and I do agree with a lot of what he's said. I've enjoyed the game quite a bit. The story picks up, gets a bit repetitive, then picks back up. But looking for clues/questioning people/choosing who to convict is pretty awesome.