Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

L4D3 spotted along with Source Engine 2

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Aug 6, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2012
    At a Valve tour, a Dota player spotted a list containing lines that suggest a new L4D, along with the Source Engine 2.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1js55n/valve_tour_gallery_ti3_merch_preview/

[IMG]

L4D3 is new, Source 2 however is not. What is sure is that they are bloody as hell working on it.
    Also, as you know all Half-Life titles have served as showcase of each of their new engines (HL1 - Goldsource | HL2 - Source | HL3 - Source 2 (probably))

So yea, I'm sure it'll go like this: HL3 will be the SP release for Source 2, and L4D3 the MP release.

What are your thoughts?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Yeah I saw their changelog yesterday and spent couple of minutes trying to see anything interested but it was mostly updates for Dota2. Anything with a [2] under the product column is related of course to their Source 2 development. I really want something new to be announced in terms of the half life development, I don't care that it takes time but that it's announcement that they are working on it.
    • Jun 23, 2010
    • Sep 25, 2010
      HL3 is a lie.
      HL3 is a lie.
      HL3 is a lie.
    • Jun 18, 2012
      "Half-Life 3 is also in the tracker, though there's only one group listed for the project. ValveTime suggests the project is either inactive or still in its early days."

...waaaaaaaat? early days, six years after EP2? You got to be kidding me