Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ladder room on atix helicopter

Discussion in Help Desk started by Vitaminpwn, Jul 9, 2014

1. Feb 11, 2007
    So on atix helicopter there is that room with the ladder that most people use to get to the roof, the room closest to the ledge with double pillars and with the crashed white truck in front. Earlier today I noticed some people cading the room and claiming it and yelling at the admins to warn players who were breaking it. Since most people use this room to get to the roof, many players were also yelling at the cade makers for blocking them/blocking the entrance to the ladder and that's why they were shooting the cade in the first place. Anyways, I just wanted to know the officials rules on this matter because it seems like a grey area. Is this a situation in which cade breaking is allowed? Clearly there are other access points to the roof.
  2. May 31, 2012
    Just to clarify, are you meaning this building?

[IMG]

Joshy, Jul 9, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, Jul 9, 2014
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    There are other routes to the roof. Unless LSA+ says otherwise, one would think the cade is legal and should not be allowed to be broken because there are at least two other ways up if I recall correctly
  4. Dec 17, 2007
    If they are cading a public area, i.e. cading an area that is used to get to another spot on the map, then the no cade breaking rule is not enforced because they are blocking off a part of the map. There already has been discussion in an abuse thread that was done by a player that was complaining about an admin cade breaking. It was decided that if they are cading a public area and not an actually room then the no cade breaking rule is not enforced.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    In that case there was only one way to get in. This is a different case.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      This may lead to trouble. A small group could cade both ladder rooms to troll. Then what? I don't think cadebreaking should be enforced at all on atix since the main point of the map is to get on the heli.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Feb 13, 2014
        If all access is cut off then it's an issue. If access is still available, then it is not am issue
      • Dec 17, 2007
        whoa me and seeker actually agree on something, i'm going to hit the agree rating on seeker's post just to make this day in infamy.
      • Sep 25, 2010
        I don't see how those two statements are related or should justify cade breaking at all. There are three cadable rooms you can cade and still run to the chopper when it comes. Players should receive protection from cade breaking. It's still zm with zm settings and players should be able to play how they see fit. If I have completely misunderstood your statement then please explain to my silly brain your reasoning.
        • Programming King Programming King x 1
        • Jan 21, 2011
          Nope you're right. Proceed as though I hadn't said anything.