Right, I believe I just got PlagueFest to a lag-free state tonight.. Wow, what an amazing accomplishment. I remember back in March when we started first taking the lag issues seriously, the server lag was awful... Server FPS was unstable, lag spikes suddenly, etc. The lag came in bursts and lasted for long periods of time, after HT was disabled, lag was more frequent, but a lot less severe, basically since then: * HT was disabled, SRCDS has problems with load balancing with it enabled. (March) * Rates have been corrected, optimized for no choke. - August * Various SRCDS updates, we are currently running a beta (3181) - Yesterday * Server.cfg optimisations - March-Today * Upgraded MetaMod - July * Upgraded EventScripts (CPU usage problem) - July * Upgraded ESTools (Memory leaking problems) - July * Un-clusterfucked the /downloads directory, it seems as though that was causing the random server pausing! - Today * Process Priorities - August * Process Affinities - August * Fixed crontabs - Today * A lot of other stuff... I believe we saw the most improvement over the past couple months. Personally, the server pausing pissed me off, I put a lot. I literally spent weeks troubleshooting these problems. Slowly but surely it paid off. Lag was the major downfall of PlagueFest, the server should hopefully be more enjoyable now. Make sure to thanks Kyle as he was also a major help. Choke and packet loss has also been significantly been reduced over the past couple days, so that should be less of a problem. * Please note that there still may be lag spikes here and there, but they should not be nearly as common and severe. Current Mission: Lag-free 52-slot server [EDIT 9/8/2007] - Did some more tweaks that reduces a lot of the "constant" server lag that occurs when the server becomes near full, as a result of CPU usage.