Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Lagg on ZE

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Tony Montana, Oct 24, 2011

1. Jul 4, 2011
    Lately, it's been really laggy when playing on the ZE server, when a new round is about to start and the server is full, it's almost like it's about to crash (every round, any map). Another thing which causes huge lagg spikes is when your ammo gets refilled (Minas tirith - ammo barrel, Predator - ammunition box, Hell escape - unlimited ammo m4a1). I beileve it's a server issue since I haven't been experiencing any of this on other servers.
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    This is true, on other servers there are no issues with this.

Going onto a slightly different issue, the music is fucked up on ze, seemingly, also only occuring here.
    When theres supposed to be a random chance on what music would be played, it now plays both. >.< Rather annoying if you ask me.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    Sunday night @ Mako FVII: three different background music soundtracks would play simultaneously, despite the fact we were only at hard level.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    I think its a map issue caused by a recent update. I don't think the server could have caused this.
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    No, it's a server issue. As explained in the first post, there is lag when a new round is about to start which happens to bug the music on mako reactor. I haven't experienced it anywhere else.
  6. Feb 20, 2011
    At the end of Minas, It was at the top of the map, and even though I had my usual ping, it was lag central, might have had something to do with the 6 Nazguls and 30 zombies chasing me.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    Oh yea:

Sunday night @ Predator: Colors were more saturated than usual, and alternated between an annoyingly orange cast and a blue cast. Same with Mako: color saturation became more pronounced, more bold if you know what I mean.
  8. Jul 4, 2011
    Your "mat_colorcorrection" probably set itself to 1, make it 0.
  9. Jul 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that was an ammo barrel placed by someone. Ammo is constantly reloaded on stage 4, extreme mode at the end.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    Seems its only the concentrated areas in the map. Like today on predator it was laging in the ruins as we entered them.
  11. Feb 12, 2011
    Only areas where ammo is given.
    Ie. try using the ammo barrel on minas or ammo box on predator.
    Or watch when they enter a boss zone on predator, or minas extreme stage 4.
  12. Apr 29, 2011
    I call BS on this. We've been getting lag spikes in completely random areas as well. The ammo areas/tools and the boss fights regularly lag, yes, but its not only in those areas.

Another thing, every time we start a new round, that red sentence of death (Connection timer) pops up for 2-3 seconds, then goes away. It seems that the server is barely keeping itself from crashing at those times.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a predator crash for a few days. Lags like a bitch in places, yes, but no crash.

@Anathema Which Ruins? The ones on the right side path, or the one before the choppa?
  13. Feb 18, 2011
    I'm with Kyron, this is ridiculous we were on Parking and it was lagging like hell, and between rounds and maps the red sentence was popping up.
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    It isn't BS, you should see when everyone is hugging the stone wall, waiting to fight the predator (more humans = more lagg = higher chance of server crash). Everyones ammo & hp gets refilled at the same time. The lagg is way more intense when the ammo/hp gets refilled compared to 'completely random areas'. Before the CSS update, there was almost no lagg when doing these actions.

I'll try get a video of what I'm talking about if I get the chance.
  15. Apr 29, 2011
    Sorry. I was referring to the previous post as bullshit claiming the lag was only in ammo spots and health. I've seen the lag spikes of gay elsewhere in maps.

CONTEMPLATION EDIT:Tony, I'm on ZE probably the same amount as you. I know what the lag spikes look like. Yes, the boss/ammo/health spots cause MORE lag, but there are other, slightly smaller lag spikes too. 3d was saying they were ONLY at ammo/health. Thats what I was calling BS.
  16. Feb 12, 2011
    I haven't noticed it any other spots, ever...
    Other than at the roundstart of mako(when the doors/vents break open), but lets be honest, that's always been there.
  17. Jul 4, 2011
    Still lagging like hell and the server frequently crashes. This often happens on predator/minas tirith, the map vote glitches and makes a vote and puts the timer to 00:00 (along with unbearable lagg);

Entering this area on predator crashes the server most of the time:

PF is the only server I've seen this happen on (even after the CS:S update).
  18. Feb 12, 2011
    I can confirm, if theres too many humans it'll crash since mainly...
    This is the only map and difficulty where all humans go in and get full ammo all at the same time. (At other difficulties it's a race, here you're stuck holding and hugging the wall and end up going in at the EXACT same time.)
  19. Apr 9, 2007
    Trying something new. Let me know if things improve, or if they blow up.
  20. Apr 29, 2011
    Lag has not decreased, if anything it got slightly worse. Mona's Tirith's ammo barrel was bearable for a while, then went back to lagg barrel.
    The worst part is, I've seen people get it and place it at spots where lag really fucks you over, such as the spiral tower stairs which have no railing. People were unable to even climb up the stairs because of it.

Basically, its become a portable lag bomb, and I think some trolls have noticed.