Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

LAGGGGG

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by patrickbizzle, Jun 13, 2011

1. May 16, 2011
    im in the server and this just happened recently but my ping spikes 24/7 in the servers it goes from 88 to 999 to 400 to 745. idk. ive changed my rates no help...
  2. Oct 27, 2010
  3. May 16, 2011
    it stays like it 24/7 and all of the servers. i think i may just need a new router tbh :razz:
  4. May 5, 2011
    Well double check your stuff, or look at peoples latency when you play. Usually when I play, i'll see a few people spiking bad and the rest are fine so i would assume its just the persons router/internet screwing up.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    To clarify, this occurs for you in ANY css server, not just PF? From your description it sounds like a client-side issue so I'm not sure why this is in server trouble, lag issues in server trouble = server lag that affects every single player connected.

Had a bit of a "oh great" moment when I saw the thread title, figured we were getting ddos'd... again.
  6. Feb 20, 2011
    Do you have any other internet related programs running in the background when you're playing, and do you have others using the network at the same time as you?

Even someone browsing a lot of websites can make your ping rise. If they begin downloading files, forget any online game being playable.
  7. May 16, 2011
    nvm got it fixed had to reboot my modem :razz:

@Brian yeah sorry xD
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Probably should have tried that before you created the thread lol, rebooting the modem is like the first obvious step.
  9. May 16, 2011
    Well I did it but i guess i was not rebooting it correctly cause i forgot i had a battery backup xD
  10. May 11, 2011
    It's been happening to me also but I still haven't figured out why yet.. I've done everything I can think of. I think my dsl is crapping out on me. My reinstall of css, which has been going on for over 12 hours now.. is only going at an average of 30 kb/s....
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    If your on a routers wireless connection then thats going to signifigantly affect you. It lags occasinialy on big maps for me, when it lags bad for me, its usaly cause im using skins. My little brother is fine on his laptops wireless so I guess im one of the few that doesnt lag..