Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Laptop help - Buying

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Nena, Sep 18, 2012

1. Oct 8, 2009
    I am planning on getting a new laptop. My budget is $1000. I need one for everyday use and one good enough for games. Right now I have a hp. Any advice?
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Added -Buying to your thread title as it's misleading otherwise :frown:
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    A good brand for Laptops is ASUS. The newest ones are out of your price range, but the older models should still have a kick, and be relativity cheap.
  5. May 31, 2012
    Get the ones with the fingerprint scanners.
  6. Feb 27, 2012
    Those are no better than having a tough password. Start computer, f8 to get into boot menu, safe mode with command prompt, input command "net user tony *" change the password. Most fingerprint scanners input an impossible to guess password when it recognizes your finger. So, when you remove the password, it removes authenticating your finger. I know, because i did it to a laptop that was left for me to fix :wink:
  7. Oct 8, 2009
    no specific brand really. just a good laptop with lots space. Under $1000. Decent graphics card. Multiple USB ports. Sd card port. Cd port. Hdmi port. And something fairly up to date
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    Really, with the current laptop market, it's all up in the air.

I've heard nothing but good things about Asus, Lenovo, and possibly MSI.

Sony, Apple: Probably out of the $1K USD price range.

HP, Dell: Iffy, IMO.

Acer: Avoid avoid avoid.
  10. just bob
    This message by just bob has been removed from public view. Deleted by secprotocol, Sep 18, 2012, Reason: Irrelevant to the OP..
    Sep 18, 2012
  11. May 8, 2011
    Windows 8 PC is coming. A lot of good design and gaming hardware are on the way with windows 8. Now MS is building the hardware, you will see a lot of price drop with a good spec.