Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

laptop searching

Discussion in Technical Support started by chet, Jan 8, 2014

1. Apr 20, 2011
    so i want to buy laptop and i go to market and i found this laptop and have discount on it cost 2800(around 600$US)
    so here the space
    CPU
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz

CPU SPEED
    You Have: 2.1 GHz

RAM
    You Have: 6.1 GB

OS
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
    You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

so dose it worth it or should i refund and find better one?
  2. Aug 2, 2010

I'd look for a laptop with dedicated graphics. Better yet, what will be your primary usage for this laptop?
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    Mostly gaming but I search alot most of them cost 1000 more and not so mush to worth it like I found laptop with ram 7 so yeh
  4. Aug 2, 2010
    A laptop for gaming with only integrated graphics is going to run like absolute crap. I would not purchase this laptop if I were you. Just save your money and buy a decent laptop that can support gaming properly.
  5. Apr 20, 2011
    Ok so after spending 500 more I found lenovo ideapad z580 it have nivada graphic not sure witch one but I will check it
  6. May 31, 2012
    I got some bad news for you on that model...
    ... great specs but it overheats and the plastic becomes very brittle. ... the threading nearest the cpu fan will break. The screw will become loose and this will cause the hinge to eventually crack/break leading to further damage. Lenovo has very expensive cases. I've seen most (previous) customers run into this problem with ~ 6 months of use. I would not recommend this computer if you are expecting it to last a while.
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    Depends what type of gaming. If you're wanting to play all new games, high settings etc. you'll be looking at about $1,500+

But for CSS, something with a good CPU and a dedicated GPU will be enough.