Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Laser Mines

Discussion in Gaming started by Bella, Jun 1, 2012

1. Nov 14, 2010
    I dunno what sprang this 'ole memory in my head, but I was curious if anyone remembers this game & mod. I've always loved it, and sadly the game is no longer popular. Wouldn't it be cool if something like this came about again? I searched and searched for actually gameplay with this mod, and I can't find anything. In-fact, this is the ONLY picture I could find of it.

Quake II - Laser Mine CTF

Article from: Mod Central - http://www.quakewiki.net/archives/modcentral/reviews/laserminerev.htm
    Date Reviewed: 11/08/1998
    Reviewed By: Kerbuffel

[IMG]
    Lasermine CTF is basic Q2CTF with a few tweaks. First off is the reason it's called Lasermine. Instead of throwing hand grenades, you fire a mine that sticks to the first surface it touches. It then emits a laser perperdicular to that surface. When someone touches this laser, the mine explodes. This can lead to some interesting defensive tactics.

Another feature is the micronuke. When a micronuke is dropped, you get a message on your HUD and a counter of how far away you are from in it (in game units). When it blows up, it kills ANYTHING within 750 game units (even if you're behind a wall) and anything within visible range of 2000 units! The last major feature of Lasermine CTF is "MidnightCTF". In this version, all the lights are out, and all you have to get around the maps are your flashlight and flares.

The Bottom Line: Basic CTF with some cool new features. If you like CTF but need that little bit more, Lasermine CTF is just what you want. It you just like to put down scary bombs that make people run away, well, Lasermine CTF is what you're looking for, too.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    I want this + catch the chicken from Q3. YEA

I actually never played this so I don't know what it is, but catch the chicken was the shit.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Is someone going to host this? We could have some mumble fun?
    • Jan 12, 2012
    • Jun 4, 2006
      You have quake 2 on your PC right now? I haven't touched that game in 10+ years...
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I don't have it on my PC at the time being, but if we were to gather up some people for such an event i'd be happy to contribute. :thumbsup:
    • Nov 14, 2010
      I just downloaded it again! I think this could be fun! :grin: - I guess I can host!
      • Like Like x 2
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Let me know when you do it, I'm re-installing now.
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • May 14, 2011

Sorry for my ignorance but is quake 2 f2p now-a-days? If it is, sure I would join.
      • Aug 1, 2011
        Times like this is when im glad i got the id summer package a while a go. I wouldnt mind playing, i love quake.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Times like this when you get pissed for passing up a great deal >.> @Taters you still have all dem Quakes? =S
      • Mar 12, 2008
        That I do. they got a thick layer of dust on em.
      • Aug 1, 2011
      • Mar 12, 2008
      • May 12, 2012
        I actually remember this mod and was surprised to see it mentioned. I used to play it all the time, it's super fun!
      • May 27, 2008
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
        • Nov 14, 2010
          I'm not quite sure how to get Quake 2 CTF working. Anyone familiar? (I'm not even sure if I have it installed properly)
        • Nov 14, 2010
          Nevermind, I have a CTF Dedicated server running right now called "Plaguefest" for now.
          Not sure if any mods are actually working though.