Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

League of Legends on Linux?

Discussion in Tutorials started by Zenzr, Aug 5, 2015

1. Jul 8, 2012
    I've been google'ing all morning and been I've read mixed results. I know it's physically (or I guess software wise) possible, but has anyone tried? Is it worth all the trouble? I'd really like to switch to Linux and force myself to use it but if I can't play LoL then forget it lol.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    This is the main reason I haven't put Linux on my laptop. I've read tutorials which claim it works with specific versions of wine but never found anything definitive

Inb4 grape "does anyone here play league of legends"
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Like, even if it was moderately working like 30+FPS I would switch or at least attempt to try. I would love the "challenge" of learned to use Linux and other than that, Netflix would be the only other thing I think could possibly be a problem but I think that works pretty well.

I would only be running Ubuntu or Mint or something stupid user friendly but I wish Riot wasn't so fucking dumb about it and would just release a client or even something. They have plenty of money, and honestly it would probably be worth it for them to do so. There any many people that I think would love to play not on Windows or OSX.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      They don't even have a replay system and the death recap will tell you a minion used a summoner spell on you... I'm sure a Linux client isn't even on the radar
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I use Baron replays. It's actually pretty nice I think. It could possibly look a little sketchy but I mean what isn't.

https://ahri.tw/en/Download/
    • Jan 21, 2011
      I'm not really interested in a replay system. Watching myself live is bad enough. My point with that is that was something they've claimed to be in the works for ages but still isn't a thing
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Ah makes sense. Yeah I knew that it was a long shot.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 2