Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not a Bug Leaving server to get more !Ztele's... AKA Avoiding death

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by eDiT., Oct 24, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 26, 2014
    So I have been noticing players who will leave the server and come back in a round after their 3 !Ztele's have been used up. This is technically avoiding death by disconnecting.

Would it be possible to create a simple rule of "No leaving server to get more !Ztele's" ??? otherwise they have unlimited amounts of !Ztele's and will be impossible to kill them =/
  2. Apr 18, 2014
    I dont think that the ''avoiding death'' rule aplies to zombies.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      it definitely does. the only reason we don't enforce it on ztele's is because they are limited. people shouldn't be reconnecting to gain more ztele's. there's a limit for a reason.
    • Mar 12, 2015
      I may be wrong, but I've been told multiple times that it does not.
    • Apr 26, 2014
      I know quite a few players who are abusing the 3 !ztele limit. I agree with Tony though, there is a limit for a reason.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      So....we're all in favor of removing rank. Gotcha!
      • Like x 4
      • Winner x 3
      • Agree x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Zing! x 1
      • Aug 25, 2009
        I have to agree with eDit. Ive been noticing this too with a few players.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I think this would be micromanaging a bit too far. Making rules against rank whoring just sounds silly to me.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 26, 2014
          Did not ask to remove rank, Sec... just saying. There is a 3 !ztele limit on the server, rejoining to get more is a way of avoiding death. Lets stick to the main focus of the post :wink:
          Post Merged, Oct 24, 2015

Micromanaging? Its simple. If someone turns into a zombie and you see them ztele 3 times and then rejoin the server?

This is a pretty simple task if you ask me, watching someone for a round and see them ztele 3 times, then rejoin is not micromanaging....
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Why do you think their reason is to !ztele and rejoin the server to get more !ztele? They're avoiding deaths to be registered in their rank. I highly doubt someone would disconnect from the server, just because they want more !ztele. Think deeper, not just the other shell. Ain't nobody got time fo dc'in.

But hey if this is a small problem, then whatever, but if the whole server is doing it....there goes the gameplay. No one will enjoy the game, everyone will leave, then blame PF because the sun isn't shining anymore. Same routine...
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Apr 26, 2015
            Is it still considered avoiding death if I'm just stuck in props or stuck in a spot?
          • Jul 14, 2010
            I think it should be allowed because anyone can do it. The issue in the past was admins using spec to gain their zteles back which is unfair use of commands/abuse. When a player rejoins, their streak of kills reset so they are losing potential to gain more points by playing it safe, which there is no rule that bars this.
          • Dec 17, 2007
            I really don't see this as a big issue. It's hard enough to kill zombies to begin with, unless there are pretty much clumped in a group right in front of you. If they are disconnecting and rejoining to gain more z'tele's, then in my opinion it's whatever. As far as rank whoring, honestly what's the big deal? It's not like you get anything special out of it, other then having a high rank. Seriously what are you going to use that for, walk up to a girl and be like "hey baby i got a high rank on CSS PF, wanna go back to my place and see it".

I agree with momo on this, this maybe micromanaging a little to far.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jan 3, 2013
              I think it is fine for zombies to rejoin the server to have more zteles (Reasons: some zombie can be stuck, and have no ztele. Another one is, some players will pretend they ran out of zteles, and block for their human friends and this is where they need to rejoin the server. Trust me I seen this happened, and that player got banned for blocking the zombies from killing the human). BUT, when a zombie is being shot at and is almost dying, then it will NOT be ok to disconnect the server to avoid death.
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
              • Dec 30, 2006
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Zing! Zing! x 1
                • Artistic Artistic x 1
                • Apr 26, 2014
                  I don't know why Rank keeps coming up in play.

Heres the main point of this post as we seemed to be getting side tracked over and over. Disconnecting because you ran out of Z tele's is technically avoiding death.

I agree with disconnecting if you are out of zteles and stuck in a prop and a admin cannot assist at that time BUT disconnecting to get more zteles because you cant get into someones cade or pretty much AVOIDING DEATH by re-obtaining more Zteles is still avoiding death.

I could care less about rank on a modded server let alone rank on a dead game... Rank is not the focus of this subject.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Dec 30, 2006
                    You're missing the global point of view though. Don't just focus on !zteles. Focus on why people want to even want to disconnect to get more !ztele. It's the same principle as people disconnecting when they're getting chased by a zombie. No one in their right mind would disconnect and reconnect just for the sole purpose of getting more !zteles if it wasn't related to rank. Avoiding death as a CT = rank related. Avoiding death as a zombie = rank related.
                  • Apr 26, 2014

Avoiding death as a CT = rank related. Avoiding death as a zombie = rank related.

Avoiding death is against the rules....
                  • Dec 30, 2006
                    Yes, so remove rank and we solve both problems. Hence why I brought up rank from the first post. It'l be easier to admin and players can just play the game as designed.

But like I said up there, catching a human disconnect is already hard enough. Imagine trying to see which of the 5 zombies dc when they're all humping a door cade....like Mom-o said, that's almost impossible to enforce. We can always remove !ztele.....or implement a timer before the tele happens. I dunno.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Apr 26, 2014
                      I think your going a little overboard with this to be honest, I had a suggestion and now you are going a whole different way with this.

I hope all suggestion posts are not this complicated...

The time limit is an idea but I just dont see the point of 3 limit of zteles and allowing players to disconnect to dodge that limit?
                    Thread Status:
                    Not open for further replies.