Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legit Predator Win!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Aprz, Feb 22, 2013

1. Mar 26, 2012
    Finally got a legit predator win. Too bad I died at the end (me crouching in front to shoot the alien contributed to our win though :smile: ) .

[IMG]
    #winning

[IMG]
    We thought it was a glitch win at first, but here's a screenshot of the green blood proving it's a legit win.

Thanks Doctor for your great instructions! I believe we had 3-4 glitch wins yesterday thanks to Doctor, and successfully killed the alien at the end on one of them, but the zombies got into the room and killed the remaining CTs.

If the upload doesn't work, click here to download the demo from my server.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Congrats, it's about time Doctor's annoying-as-shit mic spam paid off. =D
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        About the 5th time PF did this ... I call Ultimate 2 version.
      • Oct 7, 2012
        what was funny was the server was sad but when they realized they killed it they started shitting their pants.

mfw
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
        • Mar 21, 2012
          i get no thanks for the awesome gauss rifle skills? ok:frown:
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Feb 3, 2012
            • Oct 29, 2010

Kinda reminds me of yesterday: where within a span of a couple of hours, we had three glitch wins and a legit* win. . .

(* yea -_- )
            • Oct 22, 2012
              In, since I was part of this epic :wink: win, although, as Aprz, I did at the end getting eaten by a zambie, oh well, it was fun.
            • Mar 26, 2012
              I died from the alien killing me. I was at the front crouching. Everybody behind me standing up survived. :[
            • May 31, 2012
              This is definitely photoshopped :razz: jk I was in the room and witnessed it too bad you were up front and died lmfao
            • Mar 4, 2012
              Same thing happened to me. Good win though.
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Usually this means it's just a glitch win if the players in the back survive, no?
            • Mar 26, 2012
              Green blood = not glitch win from what I was told. We weren't stacking. I think just the people in front died cause the alien wasn't dead yet.

The glitch win is not from the players being in the back, but because they are stacking. That's what I thought.
              Emily, Feb 22, 2013 Last edited by Aprz, Feb 22, 2013
            • Apr 9, 2012

Good work :smile: it's the 5th legit win by now. Which map is now actually the least won of all times?
            • Mar 30, 2012
              I knew someone would make this thread. Here's my contribution to this thread.
              [IMG]
              Blue Dragon, Feb 23, 2013 Last edited by Blue Dragon, Feb 23, 2013
            • Apr 9, 2012
              I watched it again and I'm not sure about the win, not much that I or someone would care for it, but let me explain why and what is exactly a 'glitch win'.

A glitch win is best explained by the technical side of how the alien has been built into the map rather than simply by the looks or the thoughts of the people who play the map.

The alien (created by @Luffaren) is actually built in that way that there's a trigger_hurt around the model. If I'm not wrong it deals 50000 damage, so everyone who touches it should die on the spot. Knowing that, it is common sense that when the alien passes by and has crossed the entire room till he dissappears in the back of the endroom everyone should have died. Regardless if he died there or not afterwards, if players survived despite the alien having crossed the entire room with his trigger_hurt, there's something that went technically wrong (which happens a lot on the Source engine) which could have been the result of stacking or whatever.

To provide 100% certainity of my explanation, I decompiled this map (rather early in my mapping process for learning purposes which Luffaren allows to do) to check all of this.

>> So when is it a glitchwin and when isn't it? <<

• When players kill the alien before it/his trigger_hurt/his model reaches the back of the endroom, it's a complete legit win without any possible arguments of breaking that legit win.
              • When the alien crossed the room entirely until at the back of the room and players survived, it's almost always a glitch win. There is a lot of debate of people who don't understand this aspect and think that surviving is the only way of having a win regardless of any conditions.
              Note that I only based myself onto the technical aspect of the Source Engine to explain this, so don't take this as the real rules, as I'm pretty sure those are defined by Luffaren and/or the Pf community.

But all-in all, following my explanation here this is obviously a glitch-win. Following arguably all the other people this is a legit win because 'they saw a green-coloured particle home-made by Luffaren' and that counts apparantly as a legit win.

Regardless of any of the above, I do not decide over this, only Luffaren can confirm this so far I know, and it was a very nice round after all!
              • Informative Informative x 2
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Mar 26, 2012
                Aw, Joris. :[ Just pretend you never looked into it. :[

I like the alternative version Blue Dragon. :razz:
              • Apr 9, 2012
                Ey sorry man, but you know, it doesn't really matter. That is just explaning what would happen if the Source Engine simply didn't bug. So what really is a win in the end is for each player to decide. Though Luffaren often states 'officially' when a win is a win and when a win is glitched.