Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Let's Play GunGame!

Discussion in Setup an Event started by Vadleon, Mar 5, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    This is a thread for planning CSS GunGame dates! Want to shoot people, but don't want to join only to find 0 players online? Let's plan dates and enjoy each others' company while raging over knife kills!

While I wished planning times to spend on GG wouldn't be necessary, I want the server to see more regular action. I personally really enjoy GG as it's something anyone can hop onto for 5min and go pew-pew for some quick fun.

For those unfamiliar, GunGame is a level-based mode in which players are given a knife and one level-fixed weapon to kill others with. They must (usually) make two kills with that weapon or one knife kill to progress to the next level and next weapon. Whoever gets through each weapon twice, the grenade, and knife-only level wins the game. It is simple CT vs. T on typically small maps for very fierce battles.

So with the basics down, let's see when a good RECURRING time would be for people. During the week? Weekend? What time? Post away and let's find a date that works for everyone. I don't expect the server to be populated all the time, but this should be a good first step to some regularity!

Personally, weekends in the EST pm time range works well for me and I'm online most at that time. How about yall?

Edit: Could a mod or root please rename the thread title to "Let's Play GunGame!" ? Just a quick afterthought for clarity's sake. Thanks!
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Brett
      This message by Brett has been removed from public view. Deleted by Quietly Yell, Mar 5, 2012, Reason: not needed..
      Mar 5, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      This is a great idea, I was planning on doing something like this to get GG back up, since it has been dead for quite some time.

I'm not sure about a recurring date, since my work schedule is always different each week. This Thursday/Friday sounds like a good plan to me, but honestly any time I'm not at work is a good time for me.
    • May 15, 2011
      I use to do this just by sending an event thingy in the Steam Group, so all players on can see it. I like the idea and I'd be in if you guys do this. I miss GG.
    • Jul 19, 2011
      I have no problem joining you, as long as there are at least 15 people already inside :wink:
    • Jan 8, 2012
    • Jul 14, 2008
      I'm always looking to get people in there so if anything can be arranged I'm down for it. I'm most available on the weekends at anytime but I could squeeze a little time (1 hour) at night 6pm-8pm CT during the weekdays.

Cmon guys it will be fun! :razz:
    • Jul 28, 2011
    • Jan 12, 2011
      The recurring date doesn't mean you have to show up each time, but it simply allows a weekly period when players are most likely to be on. If we can ring in a time people like, we can see if we can get rounds going on a weekly basis. Then with that schedule, people are more likely to show up at those times when players are expected, and hopefully the population can gradually increase over time.

Not a bad idea. Not suggesting we spam invites, but getting a few people to do this on GG nights would certainly help raise awareness that people are playing on the server.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Yea, but probably shouldn't be literally "GG, every Saturday. If you can't make it, fuck off." =P More of a changing recurring date. Just something everybody can agree on. Hell, we could even do a weekly vote for which day of the upcoming week for "GG" day :wink:
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Too much work and kinda makes the "recurring" thing seem less certain. :razz:

I'd like to see if we can get a time people think will yield the most players, and as long as a few people try hopping on the server within that time period (yet to be determined) to act as a starter pool, then we can see where it goes. I (like most people) don't tend to stick around on an empty server, but if I see two or three people waiting there then I'll be inclined to stick around too until it snowballs into a decent group. We just need a few people willing to start the snowball. I am quite willing to be one of the starters.

Also, it doesn't have to be only one day, but I just want to start small.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Same, you can just PM me on Steam or something, "QUIETLY, GET YER ASS TO GG" and I'll be there in literally 5 seconds because of my sexy SSD.

Definitely with you on this.
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Sure thing, just sent you a PM so we can add each other.
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Looking for more replies with times. Speak up people, and we can make this happen.
    • Jul 4, 2011
    • Jan 12, 2011
      @Pinkie Pie, @DopeScope, @s3th, @GRUDGE, @jermaine, @Tony Montana
      Post back with times that are good to play (or at least times that you cannot play during) so we can plan a schedule. I know weekends are usually good for people, but I want to gather a consensus to be sure. I include Friday nights in my term of "weekends," so be specific what period/days you refer to!
    • Jul 4, 2011
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Afternoon pacific time. 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm weekdays but that can change :3
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I'm in. But I work 5-6 days a week and my schedule is ever changing. I'll let you guys decide the time since mine is bipolar lol
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Sure why not, it's always fun to shoot people in a mindless manner :angel: