Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Let's remove smee and ski from the rotation

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Zukazan, May 27, 2011

Remove Ski and Smee from the rotation?

Yes 6 vote(s) 28.6%
No 15 vote(s) 71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 12, 2011
    The emphasis on both Ski Mountain and Smee Tower is just on killing your opponents (or planting the bomb). I don't see why these maps even made it into the rotation, since not only is the design terrible, but they become boring and repetitive very quickly. I believe that the removal of these maps will lead to a better experience by everyone while playing on the minigames server.
  2. Apr 14, 2011
    I don't like ski mountain but I love smee tower. Simply because I like awping in smee tower and I am a noob and I don't know how to move in ski mountain.
  3. Jun 4, 2006
  4. Apr 11, 2011
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    Support, I don't see in what way they're mg maps anyway.
  6. Apr 14, 2011
    at the end of the day every custom map made for css is in fact a mg even if its a de or cs or any thing else. back in 1.6 cs most custom maps ( nippers) are de or cs but there like mini games. so any thing goes really.

even tho i do think smee is a really bad map. im good friends with the guy who made it. i do think it should stay.
  7. Feb 1, 2011

This map owns, learn2ski and enjoi! :thumbsup:
  8. May 27, 2008
  9. May 27, 2008
    Merging my post when I wake up, but I have actually seen the server activity INCREASE when either of these maps are played. Unless you play the server every single day since it has been out you can't make an assumption thinking it would be for the betterment of the server as a whole.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    People who want to get ski removed is because they just dont know how to play the map. It's such a fun map though, and smee is also good people just dont think its a minigame, but whatever its one of the best maps on the server!
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    The map is dull, same thing every round, never hilarious moments.
  13. Jan 30, 2011
    why do you want to remove the two most popular maps again?
  15. Mar 31, 2010
    Smee Tower is not really a minigame map. The only reason I can say that is simply because the nuke at the end does not work... Shame, really...

Anyways, why aren't we combining the deathrun maps on MG? Do we really need another server just for deathrun? I mean people would get bored of deathrun if it's on all day, whereas if you have MG maps + DR + FY (iceworld), the minigame/custom server could be a huge hit. We can also include Megabox, and a few REALLY COOL custom maps and make it 1 gigantic epic server. Just sayin'..
  16. Jun 4, 2006
    Bad ideas are bad up in this ma. Not removing smee or ski. :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.