Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resource Level Design & Game Environments

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Dirtbag, Apr 27, 2012

1. May 15, 2011

This is an amazing source of information for all mappers, new and aged. I only just found this, but just reading a few pages has already got me inspired.

So I thought it would be good to get this out their for everyone else to see, if you haven't already.

If you are new, and are to damn lazy to go searching for small, broken tutorials then I recommend watching this 15 min tutorial explaining all of the basics to Source SDK's Hammer World Editor.

Another tutorial is this 9 min video explaining map construction, and what is used in your average map.

I haven't actually seen any of these thus far but from just reading a few pages I think this is a great mapper, and he knows what he's talking about. He also has some assorted tutorials on mapping for CS:S, and some tool tips for the Source SDK/Authoring Tools.

This might not be for everyone, but he has some amazing articles on Level Design & Preproduction for those who are interested, as it might not be everybody's slice of butter, but I definitely suggest reading up on this, and downloading the free eBooks, Ultimate Level Design Guide & How to create a Map in 11 Days, which are located at the top of every page on the right side.

If you have the money and are as interested in this as me, I'd say buy his book, Preproduction Blueprint. I would if I had the money. D:
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 5, 2011
      Love it man, it really gives great ideas, maybe I might get it but we'll see :grin: