Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Life after people

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Super Mario, Mar 29, 2012

1. Sep 30, 2011
    Calling it "Life without people", to me, seems to imply that they are trying to show what our lives would be like without people.... D:
    Or maybe I'm just really baked. Either way people fuck everything up.
  2. Jan 8, 2012

OP I watched it before, really entertaining, I love watching stuff like this
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Yea I love this shit. Though, I haven't seen an episode in a little while, last one I saw was the NYC one.

Pretty cool stuff, if you don't know what this is guys, it's basically what would happen in a specific area if everybody randomly vanished off the earth one day, leaving everything where it was.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Eventually everything will overgrow, animals would move in, and basically everything would change very rapidly over the course of a month or so. Imagine if everyone in NYC, or Los Angeles, or Beaver-Hick town Vancouver disappeared for about a month or two. can you imagine what that would look like?

Imagine if streets never got swept/maintained and nobody cleared ice/snow off roads during winter. Cities/towns would effectively be buried.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Yep, I love shows like this. Stuff that fucks with people's heads are things I like to watch =P

Ancient Aliens, all the sort.
    • Mar 12, 2008

sorry, i had to.

I enjoy the content History channel is making now, as opposed to earlier years.

I think i said i used to be a history nut before, so learning about the past has always been enjoyable to me.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      The same, and yea I saw it coming, =P. Some of the BS they talk about is just hilarious, or the shows with the "UFO's" (random lights in the sky) flying around are just.... :ROFL:

I'm always into watching history stuff and what not, how things work, what lead to this, how this became that, one of my recent shows I watched was that they talked about the epic history of very generic things. Who knew salt/spices could be so interesting?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I could have sworn the thread subject was "Life after Retslag."

I saw something like this on the History Channel a while back, pretty interesting.
    • Sep 26, 2010
      [IMG]

Good books if you're interested in Ancient Astronaut Theory...plus the actual Stargate film with Kurt Russel is another great presentation for the subject.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @MuffinFuhrer as long as they aren't religious theories, etc., I'd gladly like to take a look at them as long as they're not the "somebody snaps their fingers and humankind appears" theory, I'm more into the ancient history about how things came to be, evolution, and what not.

I'm sorry OP that I dragged this off the road and into the ditch. Back to Life After People, I really enjoy the process of them using science, logical reasoning, and animated visuals on how our civilization would fade away and our man-kinds' giant footprint would slowly vanish off the face of the earth. Now that you brought this to my attention, I'm probably going to try to watch each one the first chance I get.
    • Sep 26, 2010
      @Quietly Yell Uhhh who done snapper der fingas? Never heard of that theory but the first book presents the Sumerian texts which were translated by the Greeks in order to produce the first Christian Bible, and tries to draw a connection between UFO sightings and human conflicts throughout history. Very interesting to say the least. The second book never actually says it's about ancient astronaut theory, but rather points out that our ancestors had a better understanding of mathematics and astronomy than credited with. If you're into math, the second one is definitely for you.
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Nov 2, 2011
      Life on earth will flourish without humans destroying it.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      I'm sure a million years down the road, we will eventually be able to expand to other planets. It wouldn't surprise me if its within the next millennium. So I don't think we ever after worry about life after people, I don't foresee an extinction as big as the dinosaurs for atleast a couple 100 thousand years.
    • Sep 30, 2011
      It was simply an explanation for why I may have a differed view on the subject of the video.

TL;DR - Don't get cocky boy. ;D
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Leave retsy alone or he will destroy you and I'd love to see that oooooo
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Imagine evolution. Assuming the sun doesn't destroy the solar system, a new species on our planet gains intelligence millions of years later. And digs up what's left of our civilization.

Looking at it, it would be pretty cool, thinking of new york and seeing it as an archeological dig site. Pentabytes of data data archives of how this world was connected, that next race would have detailed information on us and what we look like, our political structures and cultures.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        You can't assume that as the sun will eventually nova and destroy the solar system. It's a scientific certainty. Unless you're one of those people who believe "God" is going to show up with a gas can.