Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Lift the racism rule

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by teemo, Jan 5, 2015

Should the racism rule be lifted?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2015.
no 40 vote(s) 50.6%
yes 23 vote(s) 29.1%
Don't care 16 vote(s) 20.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2014
    I light of zm becoming gradually less populated I have a suggestion. I think we should consider lifting the racism rule. From playing on this server over a year I have found very few people to be offended by many of the things that are said. I would rather them having fun and enjoying the game. Also we now that we have the !sm plugin so if we dont like what they have to say we can just mute them. Compared to cade breaking, blocking and griefing I find this to be the least toxic offense and it seems to have one of the most common bans on the ban list.

I would like to open it to a vote to see what everyone thinks. The results may shock you and me
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jan 2, 2012
      As much as I am in support of this, considering it just feels like extra regulation for admins, the fact is that if we allow that kind of behavior on the servers, it could 'Tarnish' Plaguefest's reputation, i could imagine thats one of the main reasons why discrimination/racism is punishable.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 21, 2014
        As much as i think this is a "okay" idea and i personally don't care if it's there or not (as i can say some joking racial stuff myself). Not everyone is as laid back and some where along the line someone going to take offence to it and probably do some reputation damage but at the same time we could just mute them as teemo says. Personally i think there should be some sort of line to racism thing because it's going to spiral out of control the last thing you want is people shouting "nigga" every 5 minutes because we do get some lovely trolls who like to push rules already.
        (Hope that makes sense -dances in circles-):pray:
      • Jun 11, 2012
        MY PEOPLE, WE ARE GATHER HERE TODAY FOR THE INJUSTICE OF THE PEOPLE.

I can see the slippery slope a kilometre away.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dec 17, 2007
          I don't think this rule should be lifted at all. Racism shouldn't be allowed any where in public. If these ppl want to be racist or use racist terms in the privacy of their own homes, then that is up to them, but as for a public space it def should not be allowed. I wouldn't get too lenient on the rules, once you do then it's all down hill from there. I honestly think it should be a lot more stricter and be changed to if you say a racial slur after a warning, then it should be an automatic 1 day ban.
        • Jun 19, 2013
          I think this could help Plaguefest's repuatation, honestly. Plaguefest has a reputation for being a "nazi" server when it comes to rules. This topic (plaguefest nazi server) comes up quite often on other servers like i3d/gfl, from what I've heard.
          This is why Plaguefest has the "nazi" reputation to begin with and you want to make the rules stricter?? top kek.
          • Agree Agree x 6
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Oct 13, 2011
            inb4 no management replies. I don't know what are you guys up to but not replying to threads such as this and ze donor perks is not helping. At least give us your opinion. Pls?
          • Jun 11, 2012
            There is a clear "If you mean no harm by it and not a perpetual racist idiot" you get warned.

If you perpetually constantly use the word in the hopes of offending someone, there is a warn/kick

If it is really extreme as in directing at someone, well then I blame the offender and the parent for the ban they were handed with.

I've seen the this so called "Nationalsozialismus" and it mostly comes down from either newer admin who haven't matured into the role yet, or a clear case of a rampant idiot trying to offend someone.
          • Jan 25, 2014
            I want this community to stay alive and I could careless about what people think about other races if I have a problem with them I'll just mute them like any other annoying player that chooses to open his mouth
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 8, 2013
              If this rule gets eliminated, I can no longer say, "Oooooooooooh that's racist" to someone who says a racial slur.
              • Funny Funny x 3
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Oct 24, 2013
                You lift this rule and I'll make sure in less than 5 minutes every one of you is crying. This is a horribly stupid idea. If you're the kind of person who needs to say stupid racist shit in regular conversation you're what's wrong in this server. I remember OP getting super butthurt ( no pun intended) when I merely told him I want him to honestly get AIDs because he's gay. You open this door and I'll make sure it bites you back in the ass so hard it'll be harder to sit then after you come home from the ol' glory hole.

Have a fantastic day!:kiss:
                • Agree Agree x 5
                • Jan 5, 2014
                  just change the punishment from ban to a day gag and it'll be ok
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  Refrain from being mean. I don't like mean people.
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  We've been discussing this in private, though not removing the rule as a whole, just being more lenient. I don't see us ever letting actual discrimination be okay, but the occasional slur wouldn't be as harshly enforced.

The discussion hasn't really gotten very far, perhaps all of your opinions can help bring some more issues/benefits to light.
                  • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    With racist remarks yes, why bc it shouldn't be allowed at all.

This is well put

If you're going to do that with racism, might as well just let the other rule infractions slide. It's going to get to a point where no one is going to want to play on the server bc it's nothing but chaos and then where going to be right back where we started. Only this time where going to be making threads "we should have stricter rules" or "too many ppl getting away with doing stupid shit". It's slippery slope, you start to go down it then it's all down hill from there. It's a bad idea
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • Jun 27, 2011
                      There is no way that lifting a racism ban (or warnings, gags, whatever) will bring in any new players, definitely not enough to make up for the fact that CS:S is an old game. People will always be assholes, and it's nice to have a place that isn't filled with them.

Not only that, but didn't we just go through a period of increased attitude and offensive behavior from a few players/admins?? How did all that turn out again...

If we're really going to start easing up on rules, let's start with letting fun people like Aeko get back on the mic.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Oct 25, 2012
                        it's meh to me anyway it goes but what if the rule is lifted then were gona have trolls comin into the server spamming the N bomb every 5 seconds
                      • Jun 19, 2013
                        I respect your opinion, but you're wrong.
                        Rules that interfere with gameplay(blocking, launching, trolling with materia, etc...) should be enforced. However, I don't think saying a word in chat, or over the mic, really affects gameplay (with the exception of spamming). If you had fun playing a game, would you stop playing the game because someone said a bad word in chat?

I don't think the intention is to bring more players to the servers, but to keep from banning what remaining players we have left.
                      • Oct 29, 2010
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Jun 20, 2013
                          • Funny Funny x 3
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.