Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Lighten up on Advertising, Racism etc.

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by teemo, Jan 23, 2017

If someone says N*gger do you really think thats racist?

Yes 6 vote(s) 26.1%
No 6 vote(s) 26.1%
Only if they say it in bad context 11 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. May 31, 2012
    Spewing the word n*gger is your idea of fun?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I wouldn't mind it being allowed to be said it a friendly way (ex. what's up, nigga's?)

HOWEVER, the only people who say the N word on the server are the one's who get banned for spamming the n-word, telling extremely racist jokes and stories, or are just using it in an extremely rude way. Here's examples of the last ____ bans.

...and the bans go on with the same pattern. People are going to use it incorrectly no matter how the rule is. Rules are always being bent and pushed.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jan 25, 2014
        So wouldn't that just mean they would get banned etc because they were pushing the rule and being excessive about it
      • Apr 26, 2015
        I think his point is about how the people who get banned for saying it, are using the word.

Its like, I have a rock. It should be fine if I throw the rock in the air, then catch it, maybe skip the rock around a little bit. But if I take that rock and break your front door lock and bash your face with it, that's going too far.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          My point was that every time anyone says it, they're just there to troll and break the rule. I can count on 1 hand in the nearly 5 years i've been an admin that when someone found out they aren't supposed to use racial slurs, that they then stop using them.
        • Aug 6, 2016
          Ah Ferret. I remember him. He had to spam it at least dozens of times before I banned him. That guy has a set of lungs on him.
        • Jun 29, 2014
          eliminate the rule, that's why people keep saying it, BF1 / TF2 i rarley see people use Racism, yea it will be heavily used in the beginning then die down, if someone keeps saying it, it should fall under the excessive language rule.
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Dec 27, 2012
            I personally don't care much for it as I don't take any offense for either word, but I can see why or how some would.

Why is it so important for some people to lift the racism rule? Is it really that tough for you to enjoy the game without the use of racial slurs? I can see how ones tongue slips every now and then, which I'm totally cool with, but why the ass is this discussion SUCH a big deal for a select few?
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Jan 25, 2014
              It really doesn't bother me either way it is. This just could be a chance to keep more players around or less incidents of admins needing to be admins. Now with that said maybe these aren't the players you want sticking around but that's not for me to decide.
            • Dec 31, 2016
              Why not have it based on the admin discretion on a case by case basis and never tell the players that we actually changed it. Just continue game play as we didn't hear it unless it is used in a derogatory or malicious way. Like in the situation where someone says " my ni**a" in the context as referring to them as a friend or something along those lines I don't see a problem with it as long it isn't being used to demeanor a player. Without telling them if it comes up just continue play until it becomes obsessive or a problem and see how it goes. I'm new here so if this is a stupid idea or already been discussed feel free to let me know and I will delete comment
            • Oct 29, 2010
              The issue there arises when the player uses the slurs one day and has no problems then comes back the next and gets punished for something he thought was okay. It would just lead to more complaints and abuse threads.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • May 15, 2013
                I agree with Momo (everytime I see your name I always think of Momoshiro from Prince of Tennis). I have seen players abuse the word n***** when admin are not online.
              • ΣZΣ | jenz
                This message by ΣZΣ | jenz has been removed from public view. Deleted by Momo, Mar 14, 2017, Reason: Well that was silly.
                Mar 14, 2017
              • Feb 12, 2017
                Personally, I can't think of any context where n*****r and n***a are acceptable. My job is to enforce the rules however. I'll leave the rule-making to wiser minds than myself.